Green Tractor Talk banner

Baumalight Stump BLASTER 1P24 - Video and discussion

22K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  RazrRebel 
#1 ·
Here is a video showing the Baumalight 1P24 Stump BLASTER in action.

Worked much better on the 1025R than I expected, honestly.

#2 ·
That was very impressive, I could make use of that around here for a few weeks!

#4 ·
I saw this on your YouTube channel. Looks like I'm going to have to get one, that is if cost permits. Very impressive.

#5 ·
Great video, Tim! If I were to be passing through Carmel in the next couple of weeks, would it be OK if I borrowed it? Then you could pick it back up on your next trip through Dayton! :laugh:

Just curious - do you have a rough price on it? I'm just curious as to how it compares with a similar product (of Chinese origin, I believe) from a different Canadian company. The other grinder doesn't have the "pin" that you mentioned that lets the grinder head pivot.

I was on BaumaLight's site a couple of months ago looking at their "forestry mulchers". Would love to have one to take care of my property, but they are pricey!!

#6 ·
Just curious - do you have a rough price on it? I'm just curious as to how it compares with a similar product (of Chinese origin, I believe) from a different Canadian company. The other grinder doesn't have the "pin" that you mentioned that lets the grinder head pivot.
On-line pricing I found was around $2800

#13 ·
These look like they take forever to get through a Stump, eventually a property will be stump free , and you can hire a service multiple times for that price of $2800. This is one of the few implements I feel is not worth the investment (and I bought a big tool rack - much more continuous use from that)

Woodland Mills has a very similar unit for $2099. https://woodlandmills.com/product/wg24-stump-grinder/ They charge $299 flat rate shipping so that's still only $2398. One advantage of the Woodland Mills unit is it appears to be Quick Hitch compatible.

Baumalight has free shipping to the dealer and they also have offers for additional discounts if you are willing to take photos, video, etc. You have to contact them for details.
Hang tight, guys. We're TRYING to put together a more 'familiar' way to buy these.

Oh, and the Baumalight comes with a set of 6 replacement teeth (the Chinese/Canadian competitor does not). Value about $90.

Tim

#14 ·
These look like they take forever to get through a Stump, eventually a property will be stump free , and you can hire a service multiple times for that price of $2800. This is one of the few implements I feel is not worth the investment (and I bought a big tool rack - much more continuous use from that)
I think that is the case for most folks. It would be nice to own but what do you do once the jobs are finished. I've rented a self-propelled stump grinder a few times. It was like $120 for the day. I was able to complete all my stumps in about 1/2 a day.

Reactions: Levi and PJR832
#10 ·
Guess I'll need to get on you tube to see this as I still can't watch videos on this site. :banghead:

#20 ·
I also could not "link" to Tim's video from GTT site. Not sure why, using IE11, and haven't had issues before.

But I watched Tim's video directly on youtube ... NICE VIDEO TIM (as always) and very informative. Would be nice to rent (or borrow :laugh:), but I don't think I'd use it very often after the first flurry of stumps are done. But the video does show what our little tractors can do. Thanks.

Just my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.