Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -

I have a 1025R on order and I am considering a box blade for leveling dirt, soil, gravel, etc.

I am currently considering the BB2048L or the BB5048L. I completed a search and there aren't many results specifically for the BB5048L. I know the 2048L is 275 pounds and the 5048L is 360 pounds. My dealer is telling me that Deere recommends these two "L" models for the 1025R, but said he has seen people use the regular BB2048 with the 1025R, as well. I think either of the "L" models would likely suit my needs, but I'm leaning towards the 5048L as it's a bit heavier and has 4 scarifiers.

Does anyone here use the 5048L with a 1025R?

Any reviews, thoughts, or recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
416 Posts
So I do t have either unit. But I do have a 5' king kutter with 5 scarifers.

The 10 can get bogged down but it handles great. I would go heavy and not look back

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
BB2060L would also be a decent option. That’s what I chose.

Frontier uses the L (limited) suffix to indicate a design for the limited category 1 hitch. No L suffix means the BB is for a standard category 1 hitch. Same pins but different lift heights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the 5048L that I bought with my 1025. It works pretty well for me even though i could use probably 3-4 43 lb weights on the front end. It gets a little light when the box is full. The driveway I did has not been done in many years if ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the 5048L that I bought with my 1025. It works pretty well for me even though i could use probably 3-4 43 lb weights on the front end. It gets a little light when the box is full. The driveway I did has not been done in many years if ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is there enough room to put suitcase weights if needed?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I use an older 40 year old 5 foot, 60 inch, box blade on my 1025R and It works great. I have to leave the loader on when using it or the front wheels lose traction. It also serves as ballast when I am using the loader. Dual purpose without adding any weights. Works for me, for my use I don't own any weights. I use other implements for ballast. I do use ballast as needed..

·
Registered
345 Posts
@TPS Just curious if you considered a Land plane type of drag vs a box blade?

·
Registered
245 Posts
5048L all the way from me. If I could do-over I would get it instead of 2048L, I just want the extra scarifier to dig. The two driveways I maintain pack extremely hard between maintenance and one is 3/4 mile long. The extra scarifier would mean I wouldn't have to overlap so much. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have not seriously considered a land plane. I figured the box blade would be more versatile. Should I be considering one?
I don’t know, that’s why I asked, I have a quote on a 1025r and I included a land plane on my quote, I’m not questioning your choices but probably mine!

Would be nice to hear from owners that have had both to share there experiences.

·
Premium Member
9,728 Posts
There is literally miles of text in threads referring to what you 2 are looking for. Just search Box blade vs Land Plane on the community search and you’ll know more about it.
Long story short, a box blade carries more material than a land plane and is generally the go to attatchment for first time owners who have larger projects to do. A land plane tends to be easier to use and gets a smoother finish but doesn’t transfer material. It just smooths it out. Given a choice one would get both. Just starting out one generally gets a box.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
And to add complications. Here is something of a hybrid tool. Landplane with rippers. 🤯

Reactions: Kbar, TPS and Poppi

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There is literally miles of text in threads referring to what you 2 are looking for. Just search Box blade vs Land Plane on the community search and you’ll know more about it.
Long story short, a box blade carries more material than a land plane and is generally the go to attatchment for first time owners who have larger projects to do. A land plane tends to be easier to use and gets a smoother finish but doesn’t transfer material. It just smooths it out. Given a choice one would get both. Just starting out one generally gets a box.
Thanks, Kbar.

If you read my original question, I never asked about land planes. Someone else suggested a land plane in this thread and I questioned them.

I originally asked specifically about the BB5048L box blade on the 1025R. I completed a search for the "BB5048L" as the title of the post and there were only a couple results from 2016. I figured more people would have had experience with the BB5048L at this point.

So, there are not miles of text for threads with "BB5048L" in the title.

·
Premium Member
9,728 Posts
Thanks, Kbar.

If you read my original question, I never asked about land planes. Someone else suggested a land plane in this thread and I questioned them.

I originally asked specifically about the BB5048L box blade on the 1025R. I completed a search for the "BB5048L" as the title of the post and there were only a couple results from 2016. I figured more people would have had experience with the BB5048L at this point.

So, there are not miles of text for threads with "BB5048L" in the title. View attachment 788839
My apologies. I was referring to the differences between the two implements asked about in the last couple posts. I wasn’t trying to derail your thread.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sorry if I side tracked the discussion, it wasn’t my intention!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have the 5048L. it works great on my 1025r. I wouldn’t want one with less lift height than the L.

Reactions: Oscar Leroy and TPS

·
Registered
2018 1025R, H120 FEL, 60D, Landpride BB1260
33 Posts
At the risk of posting the wrong color, I went with th 54” LandPride for several reasons. Primarily because It is 6” wider than the tractor but not so wide it bogs down when full of dirt.

I just had 54 yards of dirt delivered for a low area and was able to make fast work of it. Learned a lot and it reaffirmed my choice.

Enjoy your new 1025!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
At the risk of posting the wrong color, I went with th 54” LandPride for several reasons. Primarily because It is 6” wider than the tractor but not so wide it bogs down when full of dirt.

I just had 54 yards of dirt delivered for a low area and was able to make fast work of it. Learned a lot and it reaffirmed my choice.

Enjoy your new 1025!

View attachment 788958
Looks good to me! Can you tell me anything about that toolbox? My plastic box has been annihilated already.... 😗

Reactions: KeyboardJungle
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.