Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a beacon type light on the 4066 -- but really want something better than what I think the JD Beacon light system will provide. I have not procured the JD light as of yet but looking for alternatives . Need the light for winter snow plowing here in the mountains esp when roading to the next location.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
Never understood the allure of the JD beacon. Why not a nice, modern, low profile mini LED lightbar?

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Premium Member
17,080 Posts
Agree. There are so many better options than the JD OEM beacon. Have they gone LED yet or is it still a revolving reflector. Check out Whelen. They make some excellent class-1 beacons and light bars.

Reactions: MarkEagleUSA

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't disagree at all --- was thinking in terms of taking advantage of JD switches and wire routing --- I currently have an after market magnetic based light bar on the roof of my 4700 (has Curtis cab) that works great --- but the install is not as cosmetically appealing as I want on the 4066

·
Registered
2021 4044R CAB, Frontier L.R, Frontier R.F.M., FX110 winch, Frontier R.B., Frontier P.F., C-Line PHD
206 Posts
I ended up just going with the JD beacon light simply because it's a factory kit that is easily removable for clearance issues or safe keeping when the machine is left at a remote site. Also the factory harness for a clean quick install. It's fairly bright I guess, or at least brighter than I expected but not nearly as bright as a high intensity LED. I figure it'll do the truck for now combined with the factory hazards/flashers and I can always add a couple LED strobes later If I end up needing them.

·
Administrator
22,659 Posts
I added "corner strobes" in each of the four amber light. They are expensive and a pain to install, but they work fantastic.

I pretty much followed this, I hope his videos are still posted: 3520 Strobe Lighting Project - Phase 1 & 2

Reactions: jdmich

·
Registered
2021 4044R CAB, Frontier L.R, Frontier R.F.M., FX110 winch, Frontier R.B., Frontier P.F., C-Line PHD
206 Posts
Thats pretty sweet. I definitely like the LED strobes hidden in the factory flasher housing idea. Wish I had enough time to pull off something like that as I'm sure they are more noticeable than the factory strobe I installed. That being said, it took me 15min to install the JD beacon in the field, which was the main selling point as it sits right now. Maybe some day I can add on some cool, and more functional stealth lighting?

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I added "corner strobes" in each of the four amber light. They are expensive and a pain to install, but they work fantastic.

I pretty much followed this, I hope hi videos are still posted: 3520 Strobe Lighting Project - Phase 1 & 2
I followed the setup also, worked great. one less thing for a branch to rip something off the tractor
Automotive lighting Tire Hood Car Vehicle

·
Registered
206 Posts
I followed the setup also, worked great. one less thing for a branch to rip something off the tractor View attachment 808435
Uggh... The flashers are so sweet, you guys are killin me here, I went with the factory kit to save time and generally built myself up to "its not bad", but seeing these posts of stealth LED flasher/strobe installs is making me surf parts websites trying to figure out how to tell the wife I need to spend more money, and worse more time in the shop.... (I have an infant in the house again, so time is like gold bars round here outside of work hours)...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.