Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No pictures yet but I have the 73" Cutter Edge welded on over the 1/4" thick part that ripped thru! Figured that won't rip nor will it bend so the whole thing has to move to break again. It won't for sure now just need to go pick up some 1 1/4" bar stock to finish the Rippers Backing plate. Take a picture when it is out of my shop where I can back up to take one. Surprised more have not done this to there ripper socket hitting a solid rock underground? First for me 90% of the time it will jump instead.

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Took some pictures of the finished GREEN Box Blade

King Kutter has to get a better looking Yellow Paint Color that is why I painted it a Non John Deere Green. Sure looks way better than when it had the Ripper pushed thru and Off Yellow in color. Those Beefed Up 1/2" Thick Parts are also welded to the 4" X 1/2" X 73" Cutting Edge welded on the back side of the Rippers Box. One of my close up pictures was a little out of focus? They will rip out for you too when they hit a rock that dose not move? Not sure what will happen next time it happens. Hope it jumps or stalls the tractor not tear apart the Box we will see. I do run one now with a little more RESPECT when those Rippers are down at all in unknown dirt! 100_0743.jpg 100_0804.jpg 100_0800.jpg 100_0801.jpg Good Day today I also spread 3 ton of gravel down at the barn. Dug 10 inches down at the little doorway to make the gravel deep and taper out to zero. There is a Concrete curb in the door jam I put in that is 24" deep. Do this every year to make a mud free area in front of the barn. Cows get mad if you can't drive in there and bring out there big bales of hay to feed them. Keeps Momma and my Daughter happy if they don't have to walk in mud to open those doors for me on the tractor!! 100_0810.jpg

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
King Kutter has to get a better looking Yellow Paint Color that is why I painted it a Non John Deere Green. Sure looks way better than when it had the Ripper pushed thru and Off Yellow in color. Those Beefed Up 1/2" Thick Parts are also welded to the 4" X 1/2" X 73" Cutting Edge welded on the back side of the Rippers Box. One of my close up pictures was a little out of focus? They will rip out for you too when they hit a rock that dose not move? Not sure what will happen next time it happens. Hope it jumps or stalls the tractor not tear apart the Box we will see. I do run one now with a little more RESPECT when those Rippers are down at all in unknown dirt! View attachment 604522 View attachment 604490 View attachment 604498 View attachment 604506 Good Day today I also spread 3 ton of gravel down at the barn. Dug 10 inches down at the little doorway to make the gravel deep and taper out to zero. There is a Concrete curb in the door jam I put in that is 24" deep. Do this every year to make a mud free area in front of the barn. Cows get mad if you can't drive in there and bring out there big bales of hay to feed them. Keeps Momma and my Daughter happy if they don't have to walk in mud to open those doors for me on the tractor!! View attachment 604514
Good job on the wield JD. Yes you want to keep momma happy or you will be living in that nice barn with your beloved cows. :laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts