Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
1999 JD GT235 w/54" deck; 1999 JD 4100HST w/410 loader; 2014 Grasshopper 930D w/72" deck
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since taking possession of this '99 JD4100 from my late step-father, I've used it to happily clean up a lot of overgrown areas on my little piece of heaven. But there is still so much more to do - it seems to be unending. In the short time I've had the tractor it has suffered some minor scuffs & scrapes while digging and pushing down brush and small-ish trees. In order to prevent any significant damage I decided to augment the protection offered by the existing brush guard.

Here's where I'm at so far...

Just need to hit the mesh guarding with some black paint, touch up the brush guard itself with JD green ...and re-install.

I'm hopeful that this mod with thwart all but the most vicious shrubbery. If not I may have to add some sort of forward-angled screen to the top of the loader bucket. (Barring that... perhaps a herring or two?) Ni!

Registered
Nice work. 馃憤

Premium Member
I assumed the mesh was in the front side. Still nice.

Registered
2021 JD 2025R
Since taking possession of this '99 JD4100 from my late step-father, I've used it to happily clean up a lot of overgrown areas on my little piece of heaven. But there is still so much more to do - it seems to be unending. In the short time I've had the tractor it has suffered some minor scuffs & scrapes while digging and pushing down brush and small-ish trees. In order to prevent any significant damage I decided to augment the protection offered by the existing brush guard.

Here's where I'm at so far...
View attachment 786329 View attachment 786330
Just need to hit the mesh guarding with some black paint, touch up the brush guard itself with JD green ...and re-install.

I'm hopeful that this mod with thwart all but the most vicious shrubbery. If not I may have to add some sort of forward-angled screen to the top of the loader bucket. (Barring that... perhaps a herring or two?) Ni!
That looks great! That should provide a lot of protection for the larger stuff that can cause serious damage. It may not protect against shrubbery if you are using a herring, though! :) Knights that say Ni!

Reactions: trav

Registered
1999 JD GT235 w/54" deck; 1999 JD 4100HST w/410 loader; 2014 Grasshopper 930D w/72" deck
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I assumed the mesh was in the front side. Still nice.
Well, I considered that but it just looks so... fugly. Thankfully the centered location of the mounting holes makes the guard fully reversible. If I find that it's not doing a good enough job with the mesh in back then I'll just flip it! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.