Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, life has been crazy these last few months for the wife and I.

Last year at this time I was focused on working on the new property with the tractor and getting things in order for the upcoming year.

This fall, the focus has dramatically shifted to the interior. We are expecting our first child in April :yahoo:

After 'trying' for a couple years, we are VERY excited for the new addition.

This past week, my wife passed the 20 week mark, so we're a little over halfway through the pregnancy now. I know it's personal, but I just can't not share with you folks. You have become a part of my everyday life.

Anyhow, at the 20 week appointment they snagged a few images for us:

IMG_2642.jpg

and we saw this for the first time!

IMG_2643.jpg

Look at the size of that thing! Making Daddy proud!

Anyhow, our friends are having a blast picking out onesies for the little guy to wear. Here are 2 of my favorites:

IMG_2641.JPG

IMG_2644.jpg

I also got to put together the first thing for the nursery... and so it begins!

IMG_2639.JPG

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Congrats bvbearcat!! Fatherhood is awesome, I'm a proud papa of 2 little girls, one of which is napping on my chest. We have 2yo and a 1 week old.

Advice for the hospital, take a sleeping bag. Pack your to go bags now and leave them in the car. Make sure You have some comfy pajama pants to cruise the hospital in too. You are 3rd fiddle, 1st and 2nd fiddle are your wife and new baby! Make sure to do some skin to skin, I'm a 6'2" 380lb guy with a gnarly beard, and a little baby just melts you away when they are minutes or hours old and snuggling into you. There is nothing more precious.

Oh and take a couple weeks off work if possible. I took 2 weeks off with each of my daughter's and it's definitely worth it.

Your whole life is changing my friend! Congrats again to you and your wife!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
:good2::yahoo: CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE!!! :good2::yahoo:

I can tell by your smile in that picture how excited you are!! It seems like yesterday that my oldest was on her way into the world. Now she's 27 years old and my "baby" is 25.

I also remember seeing the ultrasound for the first time. My now-ex-wife was convinced we were going to have a boy. The ultrasound tech points and says "well, it looks like you're having a girl", to which the now-ex replies "or maybe it's a boy that's equipped like his dad." :banghead: :banghead::banghead: Now you know why she's an ex-wife!

I wish all the best to you, your wife and the upcoming son!! :bigthumb:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,696 Posts
We are expecting our first child in April :yahoo:
This past week, my wife passed the 20 week mark, so we're a little over halfway through the pregnancy now. I know it's personal, but I just can't not share with you folks. You have become a part of my everyday life.
You did the right thing. We like hearing about this stuff.
A BIG congratulations goes out to you and your wife. :good2:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That's very exciting news!! Babies truly transform your life, you will see things with a completely new perspective. Mine are grown at this point, but luckily just got a granddaughter 3 months ago. They have a way of making you stay young (at heart, at least). Congratulations!!! :yahoo:

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Congratulations! It sure is an exciting time!

·
Registered
11,656 Posts
:yahoo::yahoo:way to go there. our first grand child showed up this summer. so life is good. loved the pics--told the wife what ur avatar was, and then showed her ur pic. oh boy did we laugh:lolol:i said well looks like he loved the movie of Rudolph the red nose reindeer.... i liked it too:flag_of_truce:good luck. and bring on the pics.

·
Registered
12,256 Posts
Congratulations bvbearcat :good2: :good2:

Fatherhood is the most enjoyable yet humbling experience a man can go through, make the most of it.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
:yahoo:Awesome, your smile says it all. Congrats to you and your wife. :thumbup1gif:Good job DAD! Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
As the title says, life has been crazy these last few months for the wife and I.

Last year at this time I was focused on working on the new property with the tractor and getting things in order for the upcoming year.

This fall, the focus has dramatically shifted to the interior. We are expecting our first child in April :yahoo:

Anyhow, our friends are having a blast picking out onesies for the little guy to wear. Here are 2 of my favorites:

I could never figure out those pics, to me they look like Egyptian glyphs! Congratulations BVB

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Congratulations, bvbearcat. You'll be surprised how soon it will be that you're telling people that your boy got his drivers license.

·
Registered
7,927 Posts
Congratulations and Best wishes for the next exciting chapter of your life. :bigthumb:

Time flies when surrounded with those you love and cherish and who love and cherish you.

And Happy Holidays......

Plus Now the Avatar photo makes perfect sense.......:good2: Can you talk the same way as the character in the avatar photo? :laugh::lol:

·
Premium Member
13,951 Posts
So when are you going to show some excitement ,,, Oh you are :bigthumb::lol:

Congrats best wishes to you and your wife.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Congratulations BV we can see how proud you are already. Wait until he gets here. Make sure you post some pics in April. If you're able to find some time. Our daughter just gave us a grandson this last January and I haven't stopped smiling since!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Congrats BV. Enjoy every moment. Time flies. The next precious little one might be your grandson or grandaughter! Oh! BTW: That's when the real fun begins. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts

You should be proud! The kid's hung like a race horse! :lolol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts