Green Tractor Talk banner

Beet Juice Rear Wheel Ballast

3827 Views 18 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  machineryman
I have a new 1025R, 2.5 hrs. So far I have been doing light lifting and work with it. Move a couple of 25lb stones. Hauled 15-20 4 inch logs I cut, etc. The beet juice is running out of the wheels at the bead of the rim. I put more air in the tires. I was told by the dealer to put the air stems at the top of the wheel and I could bleed off the juice to check tire pressure. This worked on left wheel, but not the right. The pressure was 20lbs which is max. for my tires. I put a little more air in the right tire as well.

Does any one else use beet juice or other liquid ballast? Have you had this problem? If you did what was done to fix it?

My mind tells me that low pressure on these tires with liquid in them will not seal properly. I asked the dealer to remove the juice and clean the wheels and tires so I can use weights. He said that is against their ballast policy. I aske what the difference between liquid and weights are, and he got a bit upset with me.

All feedback appreciated.

Thank,
Dave
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Amazon, order the American made Milton and it will be at your house the next day.

I am abandoning liquid ballast with the new tires and wheels, I ordered 3pr of rear wheel weights for our tractor from Taylor foundry. They are local and will allow me to pick them up from the factory when they are finished. I bought 6 weights for about the price of 2 factory JD weights.
Are these gauges at Tractor Supply or Farm and Family?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.