Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Befco finish mower finally arrived early last week just in time to start mowing. Grass is starting to green up around here, so will likely be mowing next month. Mower is 110 inches wide. It has 3 spindles with swinging blades like a brush hog. That is the main reason I chose the Befco. Another reason is that they have an optional quick hitch adapter that was not available for other cat 1 mowers in this category. They also had a 90 inch which would be a great size for a 3 series tractor, but I went for the biggest and baddest one. Be aware that this thing is heavy at 1500 lbs. I usually take the loader off to mow, so we will see how that works since this is so heavy.

Dave

Befco finish mower1.jpg Befco finish mower2.jpg

Befco finish mower3.jpg Befco finish mower4.jpg

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
1500lbs????????:greentractorride:

·
Super Moderator
8,154 Posts
That's one beefy Befco @ 1500# !!

·
Registered
396 Posts
That'll cover some grass!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nice setup!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice new toy, I mean work implement. What will you do with all of that spare time since that thing should cut your seat time way down:unknown: You could always cut in your lowest gear:laugh:

Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice new toy, I mean work implement. What will you do with all of that spare time since that thing should cut your seat time way down:unknown: You could always cut in your lowest gear:laugh:

Seat time does not seem to be a problem. I now have 47 hours since the first of the year..:bigthumb:

Dave

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,847 Posts
We had a Land Pride Wind Tunnel finish mower years back and it was a great mower. Whatever went under the mower I cut. Seems you have the best of both worlds with the swing blades. Good luck with it. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
232 Posts
The house we bought came with a 72 befco. Built like a tank. Previous owner obviously abused it, but it still cuts very nice. Keeping my eyes peeled for a used 84 or 90. Congrats, that thing will last forever!

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
We'll want a full review when it gets dirty. You must have a lot of ground to manicure?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We'll want a full review when it gets dirty. You must have a lot of ground to manicure?
I will be mowing 10 acres.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One (M8)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Seat time does not seem to be a problem. I now have 47 hours since the first of the year..:bigthumb:

Dave
That is what some may call time well spent:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts