Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
The only non-JD tractor I've had is a Toro Wheel Horse that I paid a whopping $.25 for! I think I over paid;) I'd gotten a cabin and needed a mower so I figured it would last for the time being. Then, when my grandmother passed I inherited the LT160 that will take its spot.

The only other non-JD tractor is a Farmall Cub - and I don't count it, Article 3, Section 4, Clause 7 of the John Deere owners hand book guide states that if the tractor is over 50 years old, it doesn't count as a antique and doesn't count against every other tractor being a JD. I promise I didn't make that up:laugh:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,491 Posts
This is what I used for 10 years on our property,a Speedex 1631 somewhere in the neighborhood of a 1978 model. It was a real workhorse,although primitive it did the job. Parts were just getting too hard to find,and when I had to resort to reworking mower blades for a Cub Cadet deck that was the last straw. Sold it and got my 316.

Greg

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,462 Posts
Great picture!

This is what I used for 10 years on our property,a Speedex 1631 somewhere in the neighborhood of a 1978 model. It was a real workhorse,although primitive it did the job. Parts were just getting too hard to find,and when I had to resort to reworking mower blades for a Cub Cadet deck that was the last straw. Sold it and got my 316.

Greg
That's a cool tractor! But I suspect it didn't come factory equipped with a Vanguard engine either.:mocking:

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
The only other non-JD tractor is a Farmall Cub - and I don't count it, Article 3, Section 4, Clause 7 of the John Deere owners hand book guide states that if the tractor is over 50 years old, it doesn't count as a antique and doesn't count against every other tractor being a JD. I promise I didn't make that up:laugh:
Agree. Nice picture of the Cub. I found / bought a one owner 53 Cub that falls under that same guideline. I had forgotten where it was in the owner's manual though, thanks for remembering for me.:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
I had numerous off-brand tractors including a Central Park (AYP), a MTD, a Murray, a lot of Cub Cadets and a few Wheel Horses. Here are some pictures of my Cubs I've owned.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Here are some pictures of my Wheel Horses:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Maybe I'll start a thread on pictures of the Deeres I've owned.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Man! What do you do with all those GT's?:unknown: You have had quite the collection of:kidw_truck_smiley:. One good thing is you use a GREEN trailer to haul them on...:laugh::hi:
:drinks:

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Man! What do you do with all those GT's?:unknown: You have had quite the collection of:kidw_truck_smiley:. One good thing is you use a GREEN trailer to haul them on...:laugh::hi:
:drinks:
I have downsized quite a bit. I only have one off-topic tractor, a Cub Cadet 2135 that needs a transmission and it will go to my son-in-law if and when I get it fixed. Right now I only have a '70 140H1, a '74 110, a '89 316H2, a '96 445 and a '06 X320. I just don't have the time to messed with them like I would like to, so I down sized a lot.

As for the trailer, I bought it in 2006 and had it specially made to get a 14 foot length. It replaced a 12 foot tilt trailer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
My first & only non John Deere garden tractor was a Ariens GT12 with a 48" deck. I bought it in 1984 after we bought our current home. It was a very nice garden tractor that had a lot of nice features. Hydrostatic trans, hydraulic lift deck, pto driven deck, drive over deck. The rear fenders were hinged & they could be flipped up to give access to the fuel tank & hydro valve. The only complaint with it was it was it had a small engine & deck. They made the same tractor with up to a 20hp engine & 60" deck, but this was all I could afford at the time. They quit making this style tractor before I could afford something larger.
The picture below is a picture I found on the internet, not a picture of the tractor I owned.
In 1995 I replaced the Ariens with a JD 425 AWS with a 60" deck. I have been JD ever since.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Agree. Nice picture of the Cub. I found / bought a one owner 53 Cub that falls under that same guideline. I had forgotten where it was in the owner's manual though, thanks for remembering for me.:laugh:
Thanks. It was actually my grandfathers who bought it new and has been handed down in the family for the last 60 years and bought new. I'll have to find the sales receipt from back in the day, I know I have it somewhere. I don't remember the exact figure as it's been about 6 years since I've seen it last, but it sure makes me crap in my pants every time I see it because of how much we pay for machines now.

·
Super Moderator
5,491 Posts
That's a cool tractor! But I suspect it didn't come factory equipped with a Vanguard engine either.:mocking:
Shucks,you noticed!:D The tractor was left with the house when we bought it, and me not knowing anything about these tractors,I thought it was a factory engine for about 5 years.
Not until I started researching for parts,did I find out what it should have been. The mod to fit the Vanguard was so good you couldn't tell it didn't belong there.
Greg

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have owned a few other colors as well, however my fleet now is all Deere :D

Simplicity 9518 (didnt run)
026.JPG
Yanmar YM169D
007.JPG
Sears 10/30, Simplicity 6108, Allis Chalmers 610, 1998 Craftsman
10-30_6108_610_98C.png
Simplicity 5008
003.JPG
Simplicity 738
011.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
These are some sick tractors i especially like that ariens:thumbup1gif:
Those things are tough.

I had the same tractor but in New Holland colors.

The only pic of it I have is of the back end. You can also see my 318 and powerking in this pic.

dsc03224s.jpg

I also have a 68 140H3 and a Economy jim dandy and a Kubota G4200

1 - 16 of 16 Posts