Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so we are STILL remodeling and my wife is cutting and putting up the small pieces of drywall while I am at work. I called home and told her I bought her something that she is really going to like, of course I didn't tell her what it was.

His and Her utility knives. I'm such a good husband.:lol:
Model 10035L, all with retractable blade, belt clip, rapid load blade change and 3 blades.

IMG_0214_1.jpg

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
That woman is a saint to put up with you, or is it the large insurance policy you have?

I saw those knives in the store, please review after you and her use them some.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
:laugh:

you may want to give hers to her with out the blade initially.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
What a thoughtful husband. She's very lucky to have you.:lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was one of those things where money was no object.:lol:

I keep tell ya Kennyd it's the other way around!

No way rgd, take the chance of no work getting done while I'm at work, no way. Besides, I'm still alive this morning.

"What a thoughtful husband. She's very lucky to have you." There ya go!

We got so sick of taking the screw out of the old utility knife to change a blade, especially late in the day. I would drop the screw, half the knife or worse all the blades stored in the the knife itself. Decided to splurge.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
If you have a woman that can hang drywall, then she'll especially appreciate how well those knives can skin 'possums. Be sure to mention that! My wife seems to be drawn to poking holes INTO drywall or getting me to do it...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have a woman that can hang drywall, then she'll especially appreciate how well those knives can skin 'possums. Be sure to mention that! My wife seems to be drawn to poking holes INTO drywall or getting me to do it...
Actually she is better at the finishing part, the taping, compound, sanding and painting. The wife is darn good with a landscape rake also. I guess she likes all the finish work. However she has helped field dress deer and help skin them but never a possum.

·
Registered
150 Posts
A few Christmas's back I bought my wife her own shovel. It was the nicest one I could find and with a red fiberglass handle, after all red is her favorite color. In fairness to me the big spender, it is what she asked for.
She looks great in her pink John Deere ball cap and her red handled shovel working in her garden.
For this year I got her a new JD 1026R, as her garden has gotten much bigger.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few Christmas's back I bought my wife her own shovel. It was the nicest one I could find and with a red fiberglass handle, after all red is her favorite color. In fairness to me the big spender, it is what she asked for.
She looks great in her pink John Deere ball cap and her red handled shovel working in her garden.
For this year I got her a new JD 1026R, as her garden has gotten much bigger.
She work with logs also?:wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Digger.JPG
P4260015.JPG
Yep she works logs too. In the top photo she is using her new fancy shovel to put in some drainage pipe, I did help a little.
When we cut logs into rounds she picks them up which makes it very easy for me to just lop of the lengths I want.
She is also the best choker setter I have seen around, I have her convinced that operating the tractor is the hard part. Joking aside, she is the greatest lady I have ever known, and she really cleans up nice too.

This life is a far cry from our past working lives as an engineer and an accountant. So younger guys, this is what retirement looks like and it's great.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep she works logs too. In the top photo she is using her new fancy shovel to put in some drainage pipe, I did help a little.
When we cut logs into rounds she picks them up which makes it very easy for me to just lop of the lengths I want.
She is also the best choker setter I have seen around, I have her convinced that operating the tractor is the hard part. Joking aside, she is the greatest lady I have ever known, and she really cleans up nice too.

This life is a far cry from our past working lives as an engineer and an accountant. So younger guys, this is what retirement looks like and it's great.
That's just great. Had to question it after you said "For this year I got her a new JD 1026R" and your Avatar.
:good2:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
One Christmas,I bought my wife a new vacuum cleaner. I was sitting back ,thinking it was going to be a big home run. I mean...I love to get power tools,so I assumed she would love it too. Nope.......I still hear about it. I swear she can remember EVERY slight I may have committed over the years. I swear she must keep a running list somewhere to refresh her arsenal for when I screw up.:flag_of_truce::empathy:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One Christmas,I bought my wife a new vacuum cleaner. I was sitting back ,thinking it was going to be a big home run. I mean...I love to get power tools,so I assumed she would love it too. Nope.......I still hear about it. I swear she can remember EVERY slight I may have committed over the years. I swear she must keep a running list somewhere to refresh her arsenal for when I screw up.:flag_of_truce::empathy:
I stopped buying Xmas, birthday and anniversary presents for the wife 30 years ago. I think it was the year after I gave her 2 corner hay racks for xmas.

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
Electronic memory pales in comparison to female memory.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I hear you. One year several years back I was out of ideas. So I wrote her a check for $250. I thought it was a good idea. She reacted this way :nunu: and I still hear about it. :cray:

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
I hear you. One year several years back I was out of ideas. So I wrote her a check for $250. I thought it was a good idea. She reacted this way :nunu: and I still hear about it. :cray:
Did you get the check back?:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 22 Posts