Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 JD4500 w/460FEL & 48bh. Other Dino recyclers include a 95 WH, 12 Ram, 97 Jeep & a 75 Ramcharger
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a box blade, and FEL, but I still desire an easier way to level and resurface our driveways, and cut drainage ditches & water berms in our irrigated land. My father had a mid mount 48" blade for his Wheel Horse garden tractor, and it worked very well for his needs... Our needs are a little larger than what he had, and I would prefer something with some substance to mount up under our 4500 (2000 model year), maybe run it from the FEL 4-way for up/down & L/R tilt, and the 3rd scv for L/R rake....

Have any of you GTT fabricators out there built, or bought & modified an 84"-96" mid-mount scraper blade for an LCUT? something like this Grouser Belly Blade
This unit is close to what I am imagining but certainly much more complex. Also, I would rather have a drag frame/linkage setup instead of the push style, it feels like it would make it more controllable and would require less cylinder to maintain ground engagement depth.

If you have pictures or ideas toss them over the interweb fence....

this is a LONG way out if I do build something, but I want to start the creative juices flowing....

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
this is a LONG way out if I do build something, but I want to start the creative juices flowing....
That is gonna take some figuring and a lot of "juice" for sure. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Be interesting to see what you come up with.

In the meantime have you considered a rear blade with a wheel kit?

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
2000 JD4500 w/460FEL & 48bh. Other Dino recyclers include a 95 WH, 12 Ram, 97 Jeep & a 75 Ramcharger
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is gonna take some figuring and a lot of "juice" for sure. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Be interesting to see what you come up with.

In the meantime have you considered a rear blade with a wheel kit?
I farmer rigged a set of old wheel barrow tires on a caster set up to my Box Blade.... it functioned but holy smokes was it janky.... and having to get off and adjust the wheels manually really sucked...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts