Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a belly mower on my 4720. It is very hard to put it on and off by myself when on the grass or dirt (no concrete pad around). Is there a set of brackets available for this mower that will keep it raised off ground when not in use? I attach other equipment to the rear PTO (a large sprayer in particular) and a flail mower that the belly mower interferes with. When using the sprayer it needs to be raised about 1/2 way up when spraying and the belly mower drags the ground. It will only left clear when I raise the lift arms fully. With the flail mower the belly mower is down too and blocks the debris i want to chip up (vineyard cuttings). There are unused brackets under the tractor that seem to align with unused brackets on the mower so I can hang the mower up off the ground when i don't need it and use the 3pt however I want. Is this what the spare brackets are for? Where can I purchase them or do I have to rig something myself? Will I wreck the mower by doing this (the lift arms seem to have a lot of free play)

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I have a thread going about these machines with the MMM on them. It would seem to be quite a rare setup.
I bought one a couple weeks ago, it should be arriving any day.

One the members on here also has one and mentioned something about locking it up into a transport type position, however he cautioned me that with the R4s mine has on it, that the deck would likely contact the rear tires if pined into that position.

Look at the post from Jasper04 in this thread linked below.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i didn't realize these were so rare. Probably explains why I can't find any info on it, particularly the transport brackets. I have the R4 tires on my tractor but it seems that there is plenty of clearance from the rear tires when the MMM is up (but I don't know what will happen if I find the lock-up kit for transport). Maybe this is why they are so rare. The belly mower is so heavy, no one can move it and I never liked crawling under the tractor to try and connect the mid-PTO shaft with something that heavy over me

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Hi mcascia, there is no lock-up kit for transportation. It is already there, just have to getb the deck to raise high enough to put a pin in on each side. That is the problem. With R4"s the deck will hit the tires long before correct height is reached to allow you to put pin in bracket locking it at FULL height(transport height), thus allowing you to use 3tp hitch for what ever you want, and leaving the deck on tractor.

Allen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The deck doesn't get close enough even at top lift position - having seen what you wrote, it explains why. I was thinking of installing a hook that i can swing up to grab the brackets on the underside of the tractor and hold it in place when i drop the rear lift. For what I need, 3 or 4 inches would be fine. most of my vineyard is fairly flat/even. I'm just trying to get it from dragging the ground or blocking the bottom of tractor so material can get to the flail mower instead of just pushing up in front of the belly mower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The deck doesn't get close enough even at top lift position - having seen what you wrote, it explains why. I was thinking of installing a hook that i can swing up to grab the brackets on the underside of the tractor and hold it in place when i drop the rear lift. For what I need, 3 or 4 inches would be fine. most of my vineyard is fairly flat/even. I'm just trying to get it from dragging the ground or blocking the bottom of tractor so material can get to the flail mower instead of just pushing up in front of the belly mower.
just wanted to add that the belly mower really cuts some grass. We've had a lot of rain in Aug and september and the grass is out of control. I broke the belt on my Frontier GM1072 finish mower, and the PTO shaft on my New Holland also. I put the belly mower back on the 7420 after i removed my sprayer and it went through the field like a hot knife through butter. Only problem now is to clean up all the piles of grass the side discharge threw under my vineyard trellis rows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts