Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long overdue on installing belly screen on my 318….after discovering all the debris around engine shrouds and air filter housing. My fault for sure. I have 8x5/8 hex head sheet metal screw which seem to work but the head is a bit small for screen. Aside from adding a washer what is the proper screw. Def cannot go up a size in diameter!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Might I interject another question...the little plastic square push nuts that the screws thread into....anyone find a good alternative, replacement, or different way of doing it? I've used Chrysler license plate nuts as replacements in the past. However, the front two (Deere or otherwise) always pop out.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
The license plate nuts are probably your best bet for locally source hardware. There is usually a selection of plastic fastener parts in most hardware stores that might be a better substitute...also can try auto parts/body parts.

Chuck

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ace is where I got them too. They work, but the front two that also hold onto the lower firewall (on the 332 at least) end up popping out of the square hole in the frame as soon as I ride around the yard.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
According to the PC2139 for the 332, there are eight (8) all the same size. The 318 PC1924 has ten (10). M63775 $1.19 each from JD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.