Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 year old 1025R operating a 60D auto Connect Deck. While cutting grass a flapping type noise can be heard coming from the deck. I discovered the belt has been flapping so much it has created a black mark on the deck. I am about to change the belt ($86). The belt is not frayed or damaged in anyway. It appears to be too long now. The idler pulley spring looks good but it may be the culprit or it and the belt. Anyone had this problem? Thank you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think my belt has "bumped' the deck from day one. Not saying that there is not an issue with your situation. I think I have read that others have the same issue.

I would check that the tension sheave has plenty of tension and full travel.

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I had a sheave go bad on my 48C deck that wasn't apparent from the top. Once I took the belt off and started check things out I found a bearing had failed and the pulley dropped down onto the deck. Made a little noise but not real bad.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Mine is the exact same way, slapping the deck and leaving a black mark, if it isn't slipping then just run the stupid thing. I'm sure it's just how they are.

On my other 60" belly mower tractor there are 3 belts, I don't change them until they are missing large chunks of rubber from the inside of the belts, they start looking "cracked" from almost they day I put them on, I don't lose any sleep over it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've never heard mine, but I see evidence that it has happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts