Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Bent this drive shaft, it’s the one you put on when the broom or snow blower is in use on the x758

It runs from the mid/rear to front pto.

Does anyone know what this part number is? I’ve called Deere and they gave me a completely different part and I’m glad I didn’t proceed with the order

See pic

Would you hammer it straight or just get a new one?
It wasn’t an issue with the tractor, just stupidity backing up over it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Put that in a press ...looks like it will straighten .

Or Driveline shop could replace just the shaft I'm thinking.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Just curious how you bent it? I have left mine on since I don't mow with my tractor anymore. Wonder if I should take it off. I have been doing some work on some of the rougher terrain on our yard and I don't want to bend mine.

·
Registered
11,664 Posts
Just curious how you bent it? I have left mine on since I don't mow with my tractor anymore. Wonder if I should take it off. I have been doing some work on some of the rougher terrain on our yard and I don't want to bend mine.
said he backed over it-:unknown:so i'm assuming it was already off tractor and laying on floor somewhere:munch:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,338 Posts
It rotates at 2000 rpm when in use. Balance will be vital. I don’t know if straightening is up to the task.
Have to agree on that, a little off balance could screw up a lot more.

·
Premium Member
10,698 Posts
Bent this drive shaft, it’s the one you put on when the broom or snow blower is in use on the x758

It runs from the mid/rear to front pto.

Does anyone know what this part number is? I’ve called Deere and they gave me a completely different part and I’m glad I didn’t proceed with the order

See pic

Would you hammer it straight or just get a new one?
It wasn’t an issue with the tractor, just stupidity backing up over it
It looks like the P/N is AM132900. JD Parts shows it as $250. I would verify before ordering as there appears to be differences depending on serial numbers.

·
Super Moderator
5,457 Posts
IMO, you will never get it straight! As mentioned, if you have a driveline shop close, they will cut out the bad, or completely disassemble and weld a new piece between the yokes! It would be as good as new! Probably a bit cheaper than a new one too!

·
Premium Member
13,952 Posts
Several years ago , had dumba$$ attack and didn't set brake, tractor drifted away dropped off a 2-3' high wall . Had front snowblower on and bent driveshaft . for the 1026r.

I thought the price then was over $350. for replacement from JD. Went to a local trucking company, they replaced the center and welded on the ends.
believe they charged me $125-150.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
IMO, you will never get it straight! As mentioned, if you have a driveline shop close, they will cut out the bad, or completely disassemble and weld a new piece between the yokes! It would be as good as new! Probably a bit cheaper than a new one too!
X2:good2:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Decided I’ll just buy a new one
I don’t want the issue becoming a bigger issue
Are we sure on the part number???
AM132900

·
Premium Member
10,698 Posts
Decided I’ll just buy a new one
I don’t want the issue becoming a bigger issue
Are we sure on the part number???
AM132900
I would have your dealer verify before ordering. Unlike the SCUT/CUT tractors, the parts for the PTO arrangement on the X7-series was very confusing and hard to locate among various parts sections. I almost gave up looking for it. Then they threw in some S/N breaks just to add to the confusion.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I would have your dealer verify before ordering. Unlike the SCUT/CUT tractors, the parts for the PTO arrangement on the X7-series was very confusing and hard to locate among various parts sections. I almost gave up looking for it. Then they threw in some S/N breaks just to add to the confusion.
I agree. Besides if they tell you the wrong part number and it doesn't fit, it is easier to blame them for the mistake to get it swapped out for the right one than if you went in saying I want this part number and it is your mistake. Not sure if they have a restocking fee for a part like this if it doesn't fit.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,707 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Personally, I would first put it under my hydraulic press & try to straighten it. You can then check balance possibly by hanging it vertical in front of a perfectly straight line & see if it has any skew to it. You could also lay it down between two V blocks & then pass a indicator along it. If you think its good, put it on the machine. If its still bent out of spec you will know it by the vibration it will cause.

Or you can take it to the dealer, who will tell you...Yeah man you really really need to replace it now or your entire life will fall apart. :bigbeer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you plan to attempt this yourself... Will need a hydraulic press and dial indicator. Eyeball straight in the press.. Setup a fixture to spin the shaft. Run the indicator along the shaft while spinning. This will determine just how straight it is and where the high and low spots are. Repeat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts