Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I just thought i would share my choice of blower for my 1025R.
A Bercomac, just picked up and started the assembly and installation.
I will share how it goes together, and if it performs to my expectations.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Not sure why pics are upside down, if you click on them they are correct. Sorry

Will update as I assemble and add more pics.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Well I can't fix them On this forum But here they are fixed
Download them to a folder On Your computer next time and fix there orientation Before Posting:bigthumb:

Yeah I wonder How well it will work on your Deere Sub Compact. They were great Blowers On the Garden tractors

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Where did you get it? Mind sharing how much it was?

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
Not sure why pics are upside down, if you click on them they are correct. Sorry

Will update as I assemble and add more pics.
Hold your phone in landscape mode, home button on the right when taking pics and they will show correct.

·
Premium Member
12,233 Posts
It looks like a nice unit. Curious to see how it mounts to the tractor.

How does the chute rotation work? The photo of the components on the pallet is too blurry to see any details.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hello,
The unit was about $5400 with electric controls for the height/distance of throw, and hydraulic chute rotation.
That includes all mounting brackets, not john deere quick hitch at all.
Hoping to get it bolted together this afternoon.
I looked on bercomacs website andfound a few local dealers ( which were abundant ) then called a few to check prices and ordered.
Last expected delivery date i heard was supposed to be mid dec, and was suprised to have dealer call me thursady saying it was in.

I will include more pics, with the correct rotation as i get into the assembly :)

Now i just need john deere to get my cab. I ordered unit in july, and they said cab could be four monthes.. So ill befollowing up on that next week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here are a few more pics from assembly... I didnt tighten any bolts, just wanted to see how it all went together.

I did have to remove the brush gaurd but pretty sur that can go back no problem...
But i also had to remove the brackets for the mower deck... They might take a bit of thought to get them back on without having to remove brackets when changing from deck to blower... I will also consult bercomac to see what they say.

Sorry for pics, i rotated them 180 on my ipad and we will see if it helps

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Have a great day :)

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Hello,
The unit was about $5400 with electric controls for the height/distance of throw, and hydraulic chute rotation.
That includes all mounting brackets, not john deere quick hitch at all.
Hoping to get it bolted together this afternoon.
I looked on bercomacs website andfound a few local dealers ( which were abundant ) then called a few to check prices and ordered.
Last expected delivery date i heard was supposed to be mid dec, and was suprised to have dealer call me thursady saying it was in.

I will include more pics, with the correct rotation as i get into the assembly :)

Now i just need john deere to get my cab. I ordered unit in july, and they said cab could be four monthes.. So ill befollowing up on that next week.
How wide is the blower?

What brand cab did you order and what have you heard about updated shipping dates?

On the Bercomac website, they have pictures of their winter cab enclosure, which they refer to as a universal fit and with a universal bracket kit. In the photo's with their enclosure, they show lines draped over the red tractor's grille guard and then running back into the enclosure area. Is this how their hydraulic chute rotation operates or do you know what the lines shown are for? I attached a link to the photo's I am mentioning. Just wondering how their chute control operates and what they are using for a control, etc.

40 Soft Cab for Compact and Sub-Compact Tractors

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The blower is 56" wide

The factory mauser cab was ordered with tractor purchase in july, have not recently checked with the dealer. I will do that this week if i have time.

Yes, the two things you see in that pic are the bundles of hyd hoses, each containing two hoses, one for the lift cyl, and the other for the rotation hyd motor. The motor has a sprocket on it and it turns a ring atached to the chute for rotation.
The up/down is controlled with electric motor, so that is just like an extention cord for control.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Just trying to get me seasick on land with upside down pictures:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
The carrier assembly and the long extension shaft with the flange under the tractor all bolt in...... correct?

Does the the entire mower carriage and it’s brackets have to be removed to install this blower?

The parts laid out seem to have a lot of nuts and bolts to secure them. Can bolted in brackets for the blower remain in place when mower is reinstalled? What about the bolted in mower brackets can they stay?

With the yellow JD 54” blower all the mower brackets stay bolted to the tractor. The only piece I need to remove is the rear cross bar that hangers the mower deck. This cross bar is the only piece that would interfere with the drive shaft for the blower. The bearing carrier and the front quick hitch and drive shaft go in, no tools required. Yes, a wrench is required for the cross bar end nuts. Unplug the hydraulic mower lift cylinder fitting then install blower fittings.

If one had the self engage mower drive shaft that needs to go too. I don’t have that so saves some disassembly and later reassembly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I do have the quick attach for the mower deck, so yes i did have to remove that by removing four clips, and removing the four pins that hold the bracket in place and of course, undo the pto coupling of the assembly.

I currently have the front mower brackets taken off to bolt in the bercomac brackets.
.. I am pretty sure i will be able to put them back on after i make sure there are not clearance issues and possibly remedy any of those issues.
.... So far i am pretty sure i will have to poke a 1" hole in the john deere mower brackets for the pins that attach the blower "quick hitch" and driveshaft assembly.

This is my current project so it will take a bit, as i want to make sure the final outcome is the best it can be.

I am quite sure by the time i am done, it will not be any different or more complicated in going from mower to blower and back then it would be if i had went with the john deere blower. No tools will be required.

Overall the assembly is simillar to the john deere quick hitch, there is a bar near the top of the unit it hangs on, and then the pins near the back bottom hold the unit on... Where the john deere has the pins that spring into place.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:) just recieved email from john deere dealer.. My cab is in and they will call to arrange pickup.

I will try to have it picked up sat or next wed... I will be ready for the snow after a bit more work on the blower.

Its just down to just tightening up all the mounting bolts and set screws for the driveshaft and the two wires to power the chute defelector.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
A few pics of the setup.

image.jpeg

I left my foot in pic to show height, .. Size 9 for reference

image.jpeg

And yes the tractor can be lifted with the blower

image.jpeg

The driveshaft part.. "Quick hitch"

image.jpeg

The blower n short driveshaft

image.jpeg

The bracket the "quick hitch" hangs on

image.jpeg

Hope you like them, i held the camera a different way so hopefully they are correct.
Ugh, aparently i didnt hold the camera correct til the end.
I will post more once the cab gets put on next wed.

So far, having put it on anf off a few times... I am very happy how it goes on and find the "quick hitch" easy to put on despite the extra weight due to the way it balances.. So no over head gamtry crane needed at all.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Here you go right side up again :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
Can the quick hitch stay with the tractor and how does it interface with the mower hangers?

Looks like quick hitch bolts up to tractor. Is that correct?

Maybe I see that wrong and only brackets that hang quick hitch are bolted on. But can they stay on?

Curious what the flange is for on the center section drive shaft.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nice looking set up. Congrats.

Years ago I had a John Deere 59" front blower on a JD855. It was a good outfit.

It seems this set up extends the blower quite a ways farther out than the old JD combination.
It that a problem having it that far out ? Issues blowing snow or getting around ? Rear ballast issues ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts