Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best 42" quick detach pallet forks out there for the money?
light weight , quality etc etc

·
Registered
363 Posts
Check out Artillian...a vendor on this forum with a lot of good reviews.

Reactions: Gizmo2 and rtgt

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
2x for Artillian, I don't own their forks yet but I have several other Artillian products and they're all superior quality, build, delivery and performance.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I would testify for the light weight and quality of Artillian. I don't believe they are the least expensive. Two neat things about their design is they may be the lightest available at their load rating and also they are used as a platform to mount additional Artillian product unto. So once you purchase the forks you could add for instance the grapple without having to buy a different mount. Artillian is listed in the vendor section on this site.

Reactions: BigJim55 and rtgt

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Reactions: JKR and BigJim55

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,797 Posts
I would testify for the light weight and quality of Artillian. I don't believe they are the least expensive.
The title of the thread is "BEST 42 pallet forks". :)

Chock up another vote for Artillian.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: Gizmo2 and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
9,832 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Dont really need 48 eh?
I got the 36" because even on Artillians website he stated that the extra length limited maneuvering, and I thought hey that may be awkward. I now wish I had gotten the longer ones so that when I pick and place stuff in my pickup I don't have to stay so close to the tailgate. There are many things Artillian does that the other makers don't, such as a moly coated face and zinc plating under the powder coat paint. The fit to the quick attach is perfect.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
With the Artillian forks there are 2 to choose from

2300 Lb Lift Capacity John Deere Quick Attach (JDQA)Pallet Fork Sets
3000 Lb Lift Capacity John Deere Quick Attach (JDQA)HD Pallet Fork Sets

Just wondering why you would you get the 3000# fork set if the tractor (1023e/120H) cant lift that much weight eh?

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
With the Artillian forks there are 2 to choose from

2300 Lb Lift Capacity John Deere Quick Attach (JDQA)Pallet Fork Sets
3000 Lb Lift Capacity John Deere Quick Attach (JDQA)HD Pallet Fork Sets

Just wondering why you would you get the 3000# fork set if the tractor (1023e/120H) cant lift that much weight eh?
The QA mechanism is the same on the 1-4 series tractors. The heavier forks are meant for the 3 and 4 series with higher lift capacities.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The QA mechanism is the same on the 1-4 series tractors. The heavier forks are meant for the 3 and 4 series with higher lift capacities.
Thats kinda what I thought but didn't know if there were other reasons one would get the 3000# eh Thanks

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
42" Artillian...That's what I bought and the quality is outstanding. If you have any questions they are here in the USA and will respond very quickly and professional. I found them to be cheaper in cost than the JD dealer in my area and they weight less which allows you to lift more stuff.

I wish I could have gotten a picture of the drivers face that delivered my 11kw generator as I drove my 1025 up to the bed of his truck and picked it off. He had a case of tractor envy.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have the 42" Artillian fork set, superior quality, lightweight and made in the USA, I would not consider any other brand. :usa

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am about to drop the hammer on a 42" set from artillian myself. If you are using a 1 series then try to keep overall weight down as much as possible...Titan forks are too hesvy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I seen Artillian products very nice stuff heavy on the wallet eh
How about the Titan pallet forks
42" Pallet Fork Attachment with 2" Trailer Receiver Hitch for John Deere Loader
You asked for the "best" our answers are based on what we perceive as the best, including value for the cost, thus Artillian. Others may define best as the cheapest, but you since you added quality and light weight, were again back to Artillian being the best overall to those of us suggesting them to you as per your criteria.

Dont really need 48 eh?
Depending on the size of the machine your using them with the 36" variety is very robust as well, lighter, cheaper and somewhat more versatile in tighter quarters and just as capable as a set of 42"s

1 - 20 of 64 Posts