Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a TV on Best buy at a sale price. I ordered it on line. The sale went through. On the day it was supposed to be delivered, I checked the order status & it showed the order was canceled. Did some research & I see the model I ordered is now at full price & sale price is gonzo. When I call them to find out why, the reps (I've called four times with the same result) tell me they don't know why & they will transfer my call into "Primary Support" but it never gets to Primary Support, it get's disconnected.

It's like going to the Emergency Room, but no one cares if you live or die because they just leave you out in the hallway. I never was sent an email or a call telling me the order was canceled. I then checked my credit card & found that they did not charge my card, but I do have an email receipt showing the order number & payment as being accepted. My wife is really upset over this & disappointed because she was saving her pennies for two years for a big TV. I'm not too upset over it because these stupid TV sales come & go monthly so I'm sure it will become available sooner or later. Besides where we live, the only thing we have is satellite service from a satellite launched back in 1980 & I'm in no hurry to watch images of people I don't know with nose hairs & wrinkles in UHD. What customer abuse these stores get away with.

As a kid I remember buying TV's radios, records, toaster's & blender's from the local TV & appliance shop on main street. Independently owned & always a red carpet rolled out for the customer. Now I have to live with an upset wife until I straighten this out. And as you all know, if the wife ain't happy, no one else is happy.

:banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
Having worked there for 8 years in their hay day it pains me to see what they have become. I won't shop there. The last tv I bought was at Walmart and it was cheaper and in stock. If you haven't had one of the new flat screens they are very light and easy to handle. Between now and Christmas you will have plenty of chances to buy. Good Luck:bigthumb:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I rarely step into Best Buy, unless it's for shopping for Christmas. Generally, my boy likes to look over the selection and when he picks out what he likes, I order online. Even the routers, switches, and cabling are overly expensive in there.

They are a legacy and I'm not sure how they stay in business. I'd much rather go to MicroCenter: better prices and support.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
It happens. It isn't right, but that's internet sales- detached and impersonal. Cheaper Than Dirt got real famous for doing this- taking an order, cancelling it, then you find out that it isn't out of stock, they raised the price.
I forgot that place existed. After probably 20 successful orders I started getting the shaft, so I dropped them like a hot potato.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
It sucks that this happened to you, but I understand your view of there being a TV sale "somewhere" every other week.

Try Amazon as they have a price guarantee for TVs and will also match other retailers. You can also try eastcoasttvs.com - I've ordered from them before and had decent results. You should also take a look at Costco, BJs, and Sam's Club - even if you aren't a member, you might be able to buy with a free trial membership or the cost of the membership might more than offset the savings on the TV and you'd be able to take advantage of other items at a discount too.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
That's a raw deal and not willing to fix the mistake says a lot of the company. I shop rarely at Best Buy because they usually are not the best buy.

As others have said, between now and New Years there will be deals to be had.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Interestingly, I just realized tonight that they shafted me, too.

I ordered two items last week off of their web site. Both were listed as "Open Box" and both also stated that the condition of the item was "Excellent". According to their terms and definitions, Excellent means that the item looks new, functions like new, and contains all original parts. The box may not be original, and the manual may be missing.

Of the two items I ordered, they both came in the original box. One is missing the manual, but it isn't important for that item. The larger "main" item, however, is missing a number of parts and the box is very beat up. I called my local store to ask what could be done and they offered me a $10 credit (which would force me to spend with them) for parts that are not available for purchase, even from the manufacturer.

I called the store that shipped the item and they wouldn't take care of it since they aren't local to me. They transferred me to a national help number who also couldn't help me because it's an Open Box item and there are no parts. They told me to call back in the morning to talk with Post Purchase Support (I could have tried tonight, but the wait was well over two hours) to see what they can do to help.

I will call the store again in the morning that shipped it out in the first place and attempt to get them to remedy the situation by sending me the missing parts. I don't want to just bring it back to the local store for a refund because I got the stuff for roughly half price.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Dyson had a clearance on a certain upright vac,, that was discontinued.

My daughter ordered it,,, over a week later, she talked us into ordering one, because she liked it so much..

Well, we tried to order from Macys,, as she had done.
After completing the order, a day later Macys informed us the order was canceled,,, it was out of stock.

That day, we ordered it directly from Dyson,,, the order went through,,, on line.

The next day we get all these strange emails,,, telling us something we had not ordered was on the way.
Since Dyson was out of stock, they sent us the new, updated, more powerful vacuum.

They even included all the attachments that were to come with the original machine order,
PLUS,, we got several more attachments.

Companies that do not take your money are crazy,,, we love the vacuum, and would recommend the company.
That is worth more :gizmo: than a couple dollars profit,,,,

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I haven't been in Best Buy in years. Never liked the place. Too many times I went in and it was clear the employees were on commission. Always tried to push the extended service plans. My favorite was a lady buying a $80 ink jet printer. Sales guy was trying to get her to buy the service plan for the printer, which was $125. After overhearing the conversation I couldn't take it. I walked over, interrupted the sales guy, and told the lady you do realize you could just buy a new printer for less than the cost of the service plan he's trying to sell you. She thanked me, told the sales guy no thanks and left with just the printer.

They also never have a sales person in a department that can help. And if there is a sales person, they aren't from that department and can't help either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,285 Posts
Dyson had a clearance on a certain upright vac,, that was discontinued.

My daughter ordered it,,, over a week later, she talked us into ordering one, because she liked it so much..

Well, we tried to order from Macys,, as she had done.
After completing the order, a day later Macys informed us the order was canceled,,, it was out of stock.

That day, we ordered it directly from Dyson,,, the order went through,,, on line.

The next day we get all these strange emails,,, telling us something we had not ordered was on the way.
Since Dyson was out of stock, they sent us the new, updated, more powerful vacuum.

They even included all the attachments that were to come with the original machine order,
PLUS,, we got several more attachments.

Companies that do not take your money are crazy,,, we love the vacuum, and would recommend the company.
That is worth more :gizmo: than a couple dollars profit,,,,
glad u like the sweeper, evenlo it was kinda a hassle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Best Buy = WORST BUY!!!

Went in years ago when my local store just opened. As we were in line waiting to pay by the entrance/exit some guy yelled the title phrase at the top of his lungs. Right after waiting in the customer service line he was told no more sale TVs were available. He was only going to get a rain check. After storming out for his car I thought it was going to drive right through the front door. I even pulled my now ex-wife out of the way just in case it happened. worst part was he acted like that right in front of his young son.

Black Friday my girlfriend went to buy a new refrigerator. Old faithful stopped working on the worst day of the year. She was back in an hour and said no lines for her to buy appliances. She had to wait until Wednesday for delivery. 2 guys showed up in a Rider (rental) truck. They didn't even have a hand truck to move the new one in. Let alone removing the old one. Then they asked if she had a drill that they could use. She said no so they just tried to brake the palet off the bottom of it. The fridge is now laying on it's side. They ended up damaging the new fridge so they just left with it. After many calls we got to wait until next week for a replacement to be delivered. She did get 1/2 her money back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Extended Warranty, True Story:

Bought a $12 mouse and was offered a $9 extended warranty. I just looked at the guy with the dog-head-sideways-look. He just smiled, rolled his eyes and said, "We are supposed ask.....".

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Extended Warranty, True Story:

Bought a $12 mouse and was offered a $9 extended warranty. I just looked at the guy with the dog-head-sideways-look. He just smiled, rolled his eyes and said, "We are supposed ask.....".
That is the saddest part.

Our sales manager (not the brightest but thinks he is & knows everything) came up with a similar system everyone else was supposed to follow. Every customer that comes in all the peeps in parts, service & motor clothes were to talk about buying a new bike with them. Even if we know that they just bought one. We even got calendars to fill out noting how many were asked. Thankfully someone put an end to this madness. No one wants to be badgered when they only came it for a quart of oil.

Now when someone came in for parts to an old toilet that should have been put out to pasture a long time ago I was more than happy to hit them up. However I'd do my best to get them what they need.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Progress?

After "calling the stores" last night (local and the one that ultimately shipped the sound bar to me), getting transferred to the Geek Squad folks without knowing why, an hour and a half on the phone, and conversations with four different people, I was told "call back tomorrow and ask for Post Purchase Support. I will happily transfer you there now, but you will most likely be on hold waiting for about 2.5 hours." (at least they were honest about that).

Today, I stopped -in- at my local store and asked them what the right way to pursue this really was. Didn't get a LOT of help, but they did say that talking to someone at the sending store would probably make the most sense as the next step. Then, they went on to explain that I never actually talked to the stores last night - Best Buy now uses a Call Center system where calls to regions are routed to call centers for triage.

When I called the sending store today, I had to explain to the person that answered the phone that I had ordered an Open Box Item and encountered an error that was due to the store's handling and I wanted to talk with a manager AT the store to try and figure out how to resolve the problem. They connected me to the store, but it took about 45 minutes before I was able to have a conversation with someone about it. He wasn't a manager, somehow disconnected me, actually called me right back and apologized, then told me he would talk to the store manager to see what they could do and call me back.

Well, not only did he call me back about ten minutes or so later (exactly what he promised to do), but he said that they agreed to pull the pieces I was missing out of another unit in the store and send them to my via UPS. He said he was going to try and get that out today (he handled all of the shipping from the store).

Now I'm just waiting on an email from UPS telling me that I have "a package on the way" like they do anytime someone sends me something via UPS. :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Well, not only did he call me back about ten minutes or so later (exactly what he promised to do), but he said that they agreed to pull the pieces I was missing out of another unit in the store and send them to my via UPS. He said he was going to try and get that out today (he handled all of the shipping from the store).
Hopefully that doesn't become a problem down the line for some customer that's less persistent than you! :banghead:

On the other hand, I'm glad you finally are getting this issue resolved.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Hopefully that doesn't become a problem down the line for some customer that's less persistent than you! :banghead:

On the other hand, I'm glad you finally are getting this issue resolved.
It shouldn't be, presuming that they follow the correct process (which they didn't for me) and label it as missing parts and price it accordingly.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
After "calling the stores" last night (local and the one that ultimately shipped the sound bar to me), getting transferred to the Geek Squad folks without knowing why, an hour and a half on the phone, and conversations with four different people, I was told "call back tomorrow and ask for Post Purchase Support. I will happily transfer you there now, but you will most likely be on hold waiting for about 2.5 hours." (at least they were honest about that).

Today, I stopped -in- at my local store and asked them what the right way to pursue this really was. Didn't get a LOT of help, but they did say that talking to someone at the sending store would probably make the most sense as the next step. Then, they went on to explain that I never actually talked to the stores last night - Best Buy now uses a Call Center system where calls to regions are routed to call centers for triage.

When I called the sending store today, I had to explain to the person that answered the phone that I had ordered an Open Box Item and encountered an error that was due to the store's handling and I wanted to talk with a manager AT the store to try and figure out how to resolve the problem. They connected me to the store, but it took about 45 minutes before I was able to have a conversation with someone about it. He wasn't a manager, somehow disconnected me, actually called me right back and apologized, then told me he would talk to the store manager to see what they could do and call me back.

Now I'm just waiting on an email from UPS telling me that I have "a package on the way" like they do anytime someone sends me something via UPS. :)
Unfortunately missing parts is a problem that effects many manufacturers. I have 2 exhaust kits that are missing hardware. It keeps getting stolen from another kit until I'm down to the last one. Probably end up putting them on the sale table to be sold as is.

Another common problem is peeps buying used stuff on eBay. After buying the major part from a kit they find out it's missing wiring or mounting hardware. Then they come in and make it my problem.
It would not be the first time I had to order a whole kit just to get one or two needed parts.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That stinks Maddog.

I had that happen to me on eBay. Found a new Tascam Pro DVD player. One of those make an offer deals. Not an auction. So I offered $50 less than the list price. They responded with a counter offer of $20 off. I agreed and unleashed PayPal on them. Next day I received a email stating that they could not locate the item since it was the last one. Inventory was off. Okay..........I looked on eBay and it was no longer listed.

Day after that it was back on eBay for the same price. I guess they found it but would not respond to my emails. When I miss something on a bid that is tough crap. I have to honor it. Apparently they really did not mean make an offer. They wanted what they wanted. I would have still purchased it if they would have been honest with me and told me that they could not go that low. Price was about the same I've elsewhere.

When Best Buy first came to our area I did some repairs to their store. Usually before they opened. I always chuckled as they huddled up in a circle and chanted like a high school football team before a game. Really? Attack the customer? Just be helpful, honest, and polite. Customer service is not a secrete.

isaac

1 - 20 of 25 Posts