Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I've held the secret long enough and decided to post my Caesar recipe.

Start with the dressing (this is what I've held close to the heart for many a year)

Balsamic Vinegar
Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp. Minced Garlic

Amounts of Balsamic Vinegar and Dijon will vary depending on taste and potency of each. I usually start with a coffee cup filled about 1/4 way with Dijon and add vinegar until they tastes equal. You will understand when you attempt it. If you have too much Dijon, it will have a mustard taste, too much vinegar... Well you get the picture. Add the garlic once taste is right. BTW, you can never have too much garlic, so add to your heart's content.

Now for the Salad. This recipe will make two servings.

1 head of fresh Romaine lettuce
1/2 pound Chicken cut into strips
1/2 Cup (or more) of grated Romano cheese.

Grill the chicken strips. Cut the Romaine in half, in the long direction. Lay each half of the Romaine on an individual plate. Spread on dressing, add chicken strips, then sprinkle Romano, all of which covering evenly. Serve with a steak knife and fork.

IMG_20140702_183118.jpg This was my wife's first attempt at it, and we didn't have any charcoal so the chicken was made in the oven.

Don't plan on having any close talks, or whisper sweet nothings to your sweetie after consuming.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Sounds like a great recipe and I'll make sure to copy and forward to Mrs. Superglidesport!!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Be aware this is quite spicy, and not necessarily for the faint of heart (though the Romaine does tend to calm things down a bit if just pulled from the fridge). I like to put this in my "interactive foods" list along with items like horseradish & wasabe cheddar cheese, cowboy candy and hot wings.

Edit: This recipe goes great with a nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Sounds yummy! Could be a budget stretcher, without tasting like it! Thanks for sharing!

Dieselshadow; When you get time, would you please add this to our cookbook? I think that it fits best under "Main Course". Thanks bunches!

·
Administrator
20,293 Posts
Sounds yummy! Could be a budget stretcher, without tasting like it! Thanks for sharing!

Dieselshadow; When you get time, would you please add this to our cookbook? I think that it fits best under "Main Course". Thanks bunches!
You know I will! :fed:

·
Administrator
20,293 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts