Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if there is a general consensus on the best brand of hydraulic couplers to use on our tractors. Most of those that came on mine are Faster 2NV series with a few others (Holmbery?) mixed in for the 3rd function on the bucket. The bucket connections are particularly stubborn if there is even the slightest bit of residual pressure in the lines. I typically turn the engine off, exercise the loader joystick and activate the third function toggle several times before attempting the connection. Still, unless the machine has been sitting for several hours, it is a real bear to get them on or off.

Are there any couplers I could replace them with that are easier to work with? The lines are 1/4" out to the bucket if it makes a difference.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
i have Pioneer couplers on a few tractors, other than the ones that need some new o rings (after 40 years) they work fine.

·
Premium Member
10,669 Posts
It's not so much the BRAND as it is the TYPE. Most agree that the "flat faced" couplers are the easiest to connect with some residual pressure in the lines.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
Flat faced may be best, but they are EXPENSIVE and not easily adapted to our JD tractors. The ones JD uses are good-although very stubborn at times when there is the slightest pressure build up,

·
Registered
536 Posts
Flat faced may be best, but they are EXPENSIVE and not easily adapted to our JD tractors. The ones JD uses are good-although very stubborn at times when there is the slightest pressure build up,
So true

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Are you relieving the pressure before you take off the FEL? Most times it’s the technique. Not the couplers. I run an excavation crew and we take hoe packs, breakers, a lot of implements on and off our equipment daily and 99.9 percent of the time, it’s the operator error. We use a Stucci screw on fitting for our higher pressure lines 3-5k but way more expensive than the Parker smaller flat face ones. Also, these fittings come with internal O rings that once they wear out, you gotta replace the whole fitting so keep them clean. Usually a quick spray w some WD 40 before mating helps elongate their life.

Put a crescent wrench in your toolbox and crack the fitting loose to let some fluid out if it’s too pressurized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
Faster single point or multi-coupler get my vote for easiest. NOT CHEAP. But worth the money if you R&R your loader a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts