Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I need to buy some front suitcase weights for my rig. Anyone have a good idea on where to buy them? I priced them online then rang up a $400 shipping bill. No dice. Anyone have better options?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Heavy Hitch has a variety of suitcase weights at reasonable prices and, as i recall, they have a special shipping arrangement with Fastenal so that buying them online is a good deal. I suggest you contact them for a quote.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey all. I need to buy some front suitcase weights for my rig. Anyone have a good idea on where to buy them? I priced them online then rang up a $400 shipping bill. No dice. Anyone have better options?
41 or 70 lbs? Where are you located? I just did a freight estimate on heavy hitch. For 4 weights shipped to me I'd be paying almost as much for the shipping as I'd pay for the weights. You may be better off with OEM

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Hello all, I've never priced 42# suitcase weights at the dealer, what do they charge? I've picked up a few off craigslist usually 40.00-50.00 plus where-ever I have to drive. I found Lowe's sells them for 65.00 OEM store pick-up. How does that compare to dealer price?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello all, I've never priced 42# suitcase weights at the dealer, what do they charge? I've picked up a few off craigslist usually 40.00-50.00 plus where-ever I have to drive. I found Lowe's sells them for 65.00 OEM store pick-up. How does that compare to dealer price?
Deere is $59 for 42#

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts

Often, this time of year, people are taking off the winter equipment and for some reason, thinking they won't need suitcase weights again. I looked at my invoice when I bought my tractor and I paid $53 each for 10 of them.

I am amazed at what some pay on Craigslist and other online listings. It must be because they don't know what they cost at the dealer.

Also, dealers often have "used" weights from take off implements, etc. Make sure to ask. A little rattle can paint and they are as good as new.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I bought mine at the dealer. I scoured Ebay, Craigslist, FBook MarketPlace, local tractor yards... found the best price was the dealer in the end.

Reactions: goat704!

·
Super Moderator
2,606 Posts
You have already received good advice, but I'll through this out there.

Honestly, check your dealer first. John Deere pricing.....42 pounders $59.91....70 pounders $99. My dealer is a small, one store dealer and shows 10-42# on hand and zero 70#. The 42#'s are super popular. My bet is even small dealers have some on hand so there shouldn't be any shipping involved, other than you picking them up.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I bought my first two from Home Depot online. I just naturally assumed they would be less than a dealer. And I was wrong. Those two weights from Home Depot took THIRTY days to be delivered. My dealer has them at a better price and I can carry them out the door that day. And if they don’t happen to have them, they can get them in a few days.

Like others have suggested check your dealer first.:good2:

Reactions: jdforever
1 - 12 of 12 Posts