Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am in the market for a 1025r TLB. Who has the best pricing ? What should i expect to spend on a 1025r TLB with a 54 auto connect mower.
Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Looking for new or used?? shop around. Play one dealer against another.. Maybe get a nice used 1025R and add a hoe..:munch::munch:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked at used but with the 0% financing that is available , it really makes more sense to buy a new one. The prices on the used equipment put them real close to a new one any way.

·
Registered
968 Posts
My feeling was to obtain at least 16% off list. Being I only got two implements with the 1023E limited what one could expect.

Buy more maybe get more. Maybe others did better than that.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a 2018 1025R TLB with a tiller, snowblower, 60" mmm and now a box blade. I got a couple quotes from local dealers and basically pitted them against each other. Took the best deal form every dealer and had the dealer match each one. Ended up getting the TLB for 20,225 including brush guard kit for the ROPS, premium led packaged and an imatch, and the 60"MMM for 2500, 47" Blower for 3370, and the RT1149 Tiller for 1900. And yesterday just picked up a BB2048 Box Blade for 700 out the door.

What made the deal for me with the dealer I used was they only had it cost 500 to extend the 0% out to 84 months which brought the price point down to 300 per month which is where I wanted it without throwing a bunch more money down. Just built a new house and have to finish all the landscaping and what not on the 2.25 acres so its not that I wanted a 84 month payment I just wanted the cheapest payment so I could continue dumping money into my new money pit.

Hope this helped!

·
Registered
12 Posts

I got a quote from my local dealer for a 1025R TLB with 60” MMM and 54” snow blower for $27,850 thought that this may be a little high.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tactor prices FYI
Where is this? What's the small print on that 1025r TLB price of $18,999?

I got a quote from around here last year (all local dealers owned by one conglomerate) for $20,999 for TLB.

And what's the 0% for 84 mo thing? I only see 0% for 60 mo on the JD website.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Being in Eastern TN, it looks like the local dealer is Ritchie Tractor.

https://dealerlocator.deere.com/servlet/country=US

If you do not know them, go there and get to know them first. After you talk some and get some details on a new 1025R, ask for some reference names of their customers who recently bought a 1025R and ask if they would contact two or three to see if they would mind if you call and talk to them.

The best way to find out how a dealer is, is to talk to customers of the dealer.

Remember you are not buying a commodity like electricity. Electricity is the same no matter who you buy it from so it is always best to buy price for commodities, products that need service or parts, maybe not.

When buying a vehicle, tractor or other product that you may need service, then you are not just looking for price at the original sale. Now, I'm not saying price doesn't matter but it isn't the only thing to look at. Just saying!!

·
Registered
22,752 Posts
This is worth watching when looking at advertised package deals. You have to look very closely at the fine print or what the machine is and what is actually included. Things like a pin on bucket can be specified which can be a terrible thing once the buyer realizes what he bought a couple months later.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I shopped around a bit, with dealers that were within 100 miles or owned a cabin down the road from me. I actually did the best at my local dealer. Now, that wasn't to say there wasn't a few hiccups after the sale closed, some salesman memory problems or there neglecting to read the entire email, rather than the first line or two on their smart phone. This is where doing all your communications via email saves you. You have the paper trail. It readily relieved the hiccups I encountered.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been comparing both the green and the orange sub compact TLB, and I honestly like the green one a little better. Strangely enough with JD offering 72 months with 0 down , and the orange one offering 0 % for 60 months I thought for sure the orange would have a lower payment. To my surprise the JD turns out to be cheaper. Both are just over 21,000 with TLB and a 54 inch mower but with the insurance was less than 10 dollars per month for JD and it was going to be around 28.00 per month. With the lower insurance and the longer length of the loan the JD comes out cheaper in the long term.

Mostly likely going to purchase the JD 1025r next week during the drive green days event.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have been comparing both the green and the orange sub compact TLB, and I honestly like the green one a little better. Strangely enough with JD offering 72 months with 0 down , and the orange one offering 0 % for 60 months I thought for sure the orange would have a lower payment. To my surprise the JD turns out to be cheaper. Both are just over 21,000 with TLB and a 54 inch mower but with the insurance was less than 10 dollars per month for JD and it was going to be around 28.00 per month. With the lower insurance and the longer length of the loan the JD comes out cheaper in the long term.

Mostly likely going to purchase the JD 1025r next week during the drive green days event.
Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Deere includes things that are extras for Kubota.
I went through this all recently. Ive got a huge spreadsheet with specs, etc. What I didnt find out until very late in the game was things like work lights that are included in the base price of the Deere are extra for Kubota. Same with the grill guard for the loader. Included in Deeres loader package, not Kubotas.

Also, insurance, if you arent using it commercially, should be covered by your homeowners.
Deere holds value better, but Im not sure its enough better for that alone to justify it.
Make SURE you go sit on and drive the Kubota. That treadle pedal thing gave my foot and me fits. My ankle has issue now and then, and that thing is awful.

Now, if you arent set on Green, and I dont know why anyone is on this forum that isnt, lol, take a look at the Massey GC1720. If I didnt buy Deere, Id have had that, no question, hands down, over the Kubota.

As it turns out, I ended up with apparently the only 2025R with backhoe that was ordered and delivered in a week.

Also, my local dealer beat everyones price. Muttons was close, and I didnt ask them to do better, because they probably could have, though I doubt by much, but I have a good relationship with my dealer, and being of a first name basis with the guy that runs the dealership, the service manager and a few of the techs is worth a whole lot too!
The thing is, dealers have extra cash from Deere they can put towards beating a deal out of their area of responsibility. So go find a smokin deal and take it to your local dealer.

Now, all that last part is assuming your local dealer is a good one. There are some dealers I wouldnt touch with someone elses tractor.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
The Hutson name has been around for 85 years and played a huge role in local agriculture however they have not been in the "tractor business" for all that long considering the number of years posted in their advertising. A large network of dealerships is not always the best solution for compact tractor and lawn equipment buyers! Sure you will get parts easily. They can work with pricing that smaller dealers can't. I assure you when it comes to service there can be a huge possibility of being disappointed and dissatisfied.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My main reasoning looking at the 1025r is that I have 2 Simplicity mowers I inherited from my day ( 1 tractor and 1 zero turn) as well as a 641 Ford Workmaster. I have a bunch of 5 foot implements already but I mostly mow my moms front yard which is about 3 acres and it is steep in places and I originally was going to look at a larger tractor like a 3025e and use an existing finish mower 5 ft to mow at my moms house. I also maintain my yard 3/4 acre and my Grandmothers farm which has about 2 1/2 acres of mowing . Problem is the larger tractor will not fit through the gates and around the house . So since I mainly mow the Series 1 is a little small but it would serve me better in the long run. I was planning on setting out a garden this year and could use the existing implements I have for that on a 1 series. Any way back to my shopping a local tractor dealer Meade Tractor in Johnson City TN just quoted me a series 1025r TLB with a 54 in auto connect for a little over 21,000 which includes tire ballast and 3 pt hitch components. This price is roughly the same as a local orange tractor dealer for the BX23s. Being 6'4 and over 250 I felt like the 1025r just felt a little bigger to me. But the biggest shock came when using Deere 72 months vs Orange 60 months the deere was cheaper with both offering 0% financing. I will be honest I went in expecting to buy an orange tractor but the salesman at Meade really impressed me and I am most likely going that route.

·
Administrator
18,002 Posts
:focus:

Thread has been "cleaned", sorry guys!

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
WOW, I better watch what I say when I'm in a smart ass mood or lubricated!
I didn't know I could be erased. LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts