Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best pull behind sweeper for under $300? Also looking to buy a pull behind dethatcher for under $100. I have been looking online at TSC and Home Depot. Several to choose from in that price range.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Based on the limited research I've conducted, I don't think there's a great sweeper available at any price today. However, the Agri-Fab 44" seems to be one of the more popular:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/agri-fab-44-in-lawn-sweeper?cm_vc=-10005

Perhaps someone who owns this model will comment. Personally, I've been searching for a used Parker but they very seldom pop up for sale around here. Sadly, Ariens purchased Parker and discontinued their high quality sweeper.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I have the AllFitHD 50" from Home depot. I like the height adjustment and the shape of the brushes, the AllFit brushes have a spiral shape to them which in theory means less drag when being pulled. The bin is large and if the grass is wet you will not be able to pull the rope to dump.

It works VERY well when sweeping up grass clippings, I can't comment on its ability with leaves as I have NO trees, (dang it!).

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
I have a Parker i bought heck 10 yrs ago-and i paid all of $500 bucks then. but here's a pic of it now
sweeping grass with the X475 and parker sweeper20170509_162104.jpg i figured the little wheels would've broke by now-but they're still going strong. i always thought if i had to replace my Parker i would od it with a Ohio-??? one-but i seen in the video-they must of merged with ALL FIT:unknown:

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
I have an agrifab. I really can't complain it has worked well.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I have the AllFitHD 50" from Home depot. I like the height adjustment and the shape of the brushes, the AllFit brushes have a spiral shape to them which in theory means less drag when being pulled. The bin is large and if the grass is wet you will not be able to pull the rope to dump.

It works VERY well when sweeping up grass clippings, I can't comment on its ability with leaves as I have NO trees, (dang it!).

This one looks like your best bet in your price range. I have a 42" John Deere sweeper. It works good and I had it almost 10 years. However it was almost $500 when I bought it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I was thinking about ordering the AllfitHD 50" from the Home Depot for $299. I end up buying the Ohio Steel 50SWP26 from TSC since it is on sale right now for $269 ($30 off). Ohio Steel makes both models and I believe it is the exact same thing as the AllfitHD 50". Plus TSC has the sweeper in store. I would of had to order if I bought the other one from Home Depot.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I was thinking about ordering the AllfitHD 50" from the Home Depot for $299. I end up buying the Ohio Steel 50SWP26 from TSC since it is on sale right now for $269 ($30 off). Ohio Steel makes both models and I believe it is the exact same thing as the AllfitHD 50". Plus TSC has the sweeper in store. I would of had to order if I bought the other one from Home Depot.
It is the same unit, here's the online manual for reference and link for parts.

Don't wait for the "annual maintenance" interval; remove the wheels and apply lubricant to the drive gears and bushings. If I remember right it's just a cotter pin, and washer under the plastic hubcap. I didn't do mine when I first bought it thinking they would have been greased at the factory, but it was running dry.

One thing I forgot to mention upstream about a key difference between the Agrifab and this model. I borrowed my neighbors before purchasing my own and noticed the distance between the ground/grass and the metal housing surrounding the brush assembly wider on the Ohio Steel/AllFit. My yard is not rough by any means, but the center would drag every now and again in uneven turf or when driving to the unloading spot.

Enjoy the sweeper!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts