Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a rotary cutter for my 1025R. I had purchased a JD from the JD dealership, but have been waiting five months for delivery.

I do not want to lose this spring of cutting, before the invasive bushes grow and yellow jackets start their underground nests.

What 48” rotary cutter is the best alternative?

·
Premium Member
6,150 Posts
I know close to nothing of rotary cutters but...
Welcome to GTT

Reactions: GarrisonFarm

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
11,140 Posts
Can't help but welcome to GTT!!

·
Premium Member
12,680 Posts
The Tarter or County Line brands are decent cutters for the money. Rural King, Tractor Supply, etc sell them.

Land Pride and Woods also make great cutters, a bit higher cost, but on par with Frontier / JD in price and quality. FWIW, Land Pride or Woods likely make the RC2048 for Frontier.

Do you have an iMatch quick hitch? If so, make sure you get the top link parts to work with a quick hitch.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome from western pa

Reactions: GarrisonFarm

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Woods makes the Frontier. Great cutter, bought one last year.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I had a 4ft King Kutter on my 2305 and now on my 2025. Seems to be a good size for the tractor. I have added chains front and rear. Not sure where located but on my new property now that it is tamed I have no need for it so a good deal is possible. I am in South Central PA.

·
Registered
John Deere 1026R
206 Posts
If you don't have a bucket, I would add weights to the front if there is any slope at all to where you plan to cut.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
I ran a 5ft brush hog on my 1025R when I had it and it handled it fine. However it needed the loader on the tractor in order to steer.

Dave

Reactions: Pigpen and Levi

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Welcome from southern ky!

i love my 4 ft countyline. Got it for $1000.00 plus whatever tax was.
here is a video of some of the stuff ive been cutting.

·
Registered
2016 1025r
752 Posts
i just bought a used one for 150 it needs some welding but I can do that for 150 or so

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a Woods RM990 that I'm going to try on my new 1025R. Its a 90" cut and weights 1,300 lbs, but it "floats" when lowered on the ground, including the top link. I'm currently using the Woods with my Ford 1700 4x4 (made in Japan by Shibaura) and is rated at 24 hp, so the same as the 1025, but has a much larger frame and weigh about 2,600 lbs.

If nothing else, the Woods will be good for breaking in the engine on the 1025 since it likes the tractor PTO to be between 45-75 hp. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Rotary cutters are a dime a dozen on the used market. The one I run on my tractor is a 5fter that my dad bought at an auction for $100 and gave to me for free since his 2210 struggled with it. He bought a 4 fter at another auction for $150 and rolls with it on his tractor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need a rotary cutter for my 1025R. I had purchased a JD from the JD dealership, but have been waiting five months for delivery.

I do not want to lose this spring of cutting, before the invasive bushes grow and yellow jackets start their underground nests.

What 48” rotary cutter is the best alternative?

I agree that there are many options from used to some of the Frontier-style cutters. I know it's a busy season for rotary cutters, but if you check out your local C & B Operations, they usually have a really awesome selection of used equipment as well as new options in stock, so you could get going as soon as you visit. Check out their website. https://deerequipment.com/

1 - 20 of 29 Posts