Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting a price of $3500 for a front mount 47" blower and quick hitch, I'm thinking about a 3 point snowblower for my 2320. I see Frontier make 48, 60 and 64 inch rear
mount blowers. What would be the ideal size for a 2320? My guess is 60". Any comments on brands other than Frontier? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Are you set on either single or dual stage? Not sure I have a big enough sample to be relevant but three point snow blowers seem to get sold off instead of kept at a higher rate than the other stuff.

·
Administrator
18,466 Posts
I think a 54" is "ideal". but a 60" may work great as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,189 Posts
I get a stiff neck just thinking about a 3PH snowblower! You might keep an eye out for a slightly used front mount SB to fit your machine.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
After getting a price of $3500 for a front mount 47" blower and quick hitch, I'm thinking about a 3 point snowblower for my 2320. I see Frontier make 48, 60 and 64 inch rear
mount blowers. What would be the ideal size for a 2320? My guess is 60". Any comments on brands other than Frontier? Thanks in advance.
I think you're getting a good deal on a 47" front mount snowblower package for $3500. The 54" would be an extra $400. A rear blower is about $1500 less.

When you're looking for a 3 pt snowblower you first have to look at the PTO horse power of the tractor. The PTO hp of a 2320 is 18. My dealer recomended the Frontier 54" for my 2320 and that's what I purchased. Frontier makes 48", 54", 64", etc. Select a Model. You can go with a bigger size if you want, but you're gonna work your tractor really hard especially if the snow is really wet. I wanted a front mount but couldn't justify the $1500 since I'm still fairly young.

You can always search craigslist or unclehenrys for a 3 pt blower. There are some really good used ones out there. I had found a nice used 50" Woods blower in southern Maine on craigslist. The guy wanted $2000 for it and wouldn't budge. Others I found were either too big or too small. I got the new Frontier for $2300. If you're not a a big hurry just be patient and one will pop up sooner or later.

Good luck!

EDIT:

Here's a link to a few in Maine.

http://maine.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=3+pt+snowblower&srchType=A&zoomToPosting=&minAsk=&maxAsk=

New Hamphire.

http://nh.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=3+pt+snowblower&srchType=A&zoomToPosting=&minAsk=&maxAsk=

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, for all the info. I have been looking at front mounted 47" s units on craigslist and they are in the 1500 to 2000 range with out the guick hitch.
I figured a rear mount blower would also allow me to keep the loader on for moving snow or knocking down snowbanks.
I'm in not particular rush to get one, so I'll keep looking.

·
Super Moderator
8,189 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,189 Posts
Just saw this 47SB package listed on eBay. Looks to be in great shape! John Deere Snowblower for 2305 | eBay

The QH and driveshaft fit a 2305 but could be sold off for a few hundred $$ to recoup some cost.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Just saw this 47SB package listed on eBay. Looks to be in great shape! John Deere Snowblower for 2305 | eBay

The QH and driveshaft fit a 2305 but could be sold off for a few hundred $$ to recoup some cost.
That blower looks to be in good shape. May be a good buy if shipping isnt too bad. My 1026r does well with the 54" blower, which makes me think the 54" would be a better fit for the 2320.

·
Registered
719 Posts

You guys are teasing me. Darn internet police won't let me get to ebay from work! Can you share what they are asking and where it is located?

Thanks!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Thanks for posting.

Hmmm... Reserve not met. I wonder what he is looking to get. I may have to send a message tonight to see if he will share his reserve amount. I would have to consider shipping. Looks like a 560+ mile round trip (with tolls). I figure that would cost me at least $200 plus the day of driving and food on the road.

I need to find one of these within 100 mile radius....

Lee

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
127 Posts
Used 47" Snow Blower Buying Guide

I just put this chart together earlier today showing all the part numbers needed by tractor model to fit 47" and 54" snowblowers. Check it out here, John Deere snowblower compatibility chart

1 - 14 of 14 Posts