Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1025R
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know I'm opening up a can of worms here, but I've finally saved up enough for a rototiller to add to my implement collection. And since I can't find anything used at a reasonable price (everybody wants 80% of new or better for junk), it looks like I'm going to have to buy new. However all the sites that I've been looking at conflict each other.

So far, Everything Attachments seems to have what I'm looking for. Their 52" Gear Drive Rotary Tiller ( 52" Tiller ) seems to have everything that I'm looking for. I'm leaning towards a 52" model so that it takes care of the area packed down by the tires. Unfortunately it's at at the very top of my budget (actually a little over). But seeing how most everybody else is out of stock on their tillers, this might be my best option. It's rated for 18- 39Hp tractors, BUT their site doesn't specify whether that's engine or PTO HP. Either way I should be OK. Additionally they have a great reputation for quality implements and customer service plus they are located in NC AND they have free shipping to my location.

So what do you think, should I go head and pull the trigger on this one, or keep looking?

P.S.
I'll be looking for a hiller/bedder soon if anybody has one he would be willing to part with, let me know. :)

·
Premium Member
19,590 Posts
For me if I had to go and buy a tiller tomorrow , I would buy at 52-54 and might consider a 60"
With wheel spacers on the 1025, 52-54 would be a better choice IMO than the 48" I have.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I have a 48 inch tiller and wheel spacers. Ive never seen tire tracks 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Gwizz

·
Registered
309 Posts
When I had a 1025R, I was real happy with the JD 647 Tiller. It covered the tracks, & did a great job.

I used it for my garden, food plots, & some reseeding. Never had any issues with it at all.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have a JD 647 (47" till width) on my 2025 and sometimes I wish I had the 655 (55"). So, the 52" should be just perfect!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have the 4ft county line from tractor supply (it’s a tarter) on my 2025R with 2 inch spacers. Covers tracks perfect. We now space the rows a little farther apart in the garden and use it almost until harvest. If my tire clears the plants my tiller does. It’s perfect for us. And it’s a heavy gear driven qh compatible unit. It checked all the boxes for me. Plus can get 10% off if you watch the sales.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have the 4' County Line gear driven unit as well. Covers tires fine and can fit into narrower garden gates. Don't have to worry about weight or hp issues either. They're heavy.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
I have a 647.

rob

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a 60" Landpride that was behind my 1025R, and now behind the 2025R. It worked just fine in hard soil, and in the garden. The dealer wouldn't sell me a reverse tine one, as they thought it would pull the tractor too much.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I see there are always comments about a tiller covering tire tracks. I put that behind me years ago. When I till I half lap everything I do then when I'm done tilling I go over everything with my homemade chain drag. This levels out any tire tracks left behind and fills in any dips. This firms up the soil a bit so you get good seed to soil contact..Depending upon what I'm planting I may go over the area again with the drag after seeding to work the seed into the soil. EX: soybeans or corn.
In my case the majority of what I plant is for deer and turkey food plots. I'm pretty sure no one from "House and Garden" magazine is going to show up, take pictures and do a cover story.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
I have a KK BX 48”. Works just fine with my 1026R. Completely covers the tire tracks. I think some 4’ tillers don’t really till the full 48” as the manufacturer measurements are from outside of the housing and not the actual tilling width. It’s been awhile since I measured my 1026r ,but I know it’s not 48” wide , it’s more like 47””.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.