Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD Front Blade model 380 which is primarily for snow removal. It's 66 inches wide & mounts on 655-755 & 855 model CUT's. I may soon be moving to a much warmer climate & will no longer need this blade. I would like to try & sell it before I move but I'm not so sure where I would find possible buyers for it. Ebay, CraigsList or are there other places better to try. I really don't know where I should try to advertise. This front blade is no longer made for these tractors. I originally purchased it from another tractor owner who no longer had any use for it. Now Im in the same situation. Any suggestions
:hi:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I bought one for my 655; 60 inch width with the added height extension. I paid about $800 for it for the winter of 2011-2012. You can also use it for sand or dirt. It's built like a dozer blade. If you have a FEL, you need to remove that plus the adapters for the FEL. It takes me about half hour to 45 minutes to swap it over.

·
Administrator
18,304 Posts
I bought mine on CL, then modified it to fit my 4110.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I'd start with Craigslist. Take good pictures and come up with a nice description. Trying to sell local with cash is way easier. Plus it's free. You will gets lots of tire kickers and low ballers. EBay is nice, but shipping and fees are pretty much the norm. Same rules apply. Take the item out and wash it up. I like to get pictures in the shade so the camera doesn't wash out. Good pictures do the job of a long description. Plus there are no surprises when the potential buyer shows up.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the good suggestions. I probably will start with Craigslist & the For Sale Section here. Im going to try to avoid ebay. There fees are so stupidly high that it becomes a real burden for buyer & seller alike. I think the main problem will be that the total weight of this equipment is 475 pounds. It breaks down into three sections so it is manageable to load onto a pickup truck or full size SUV. Unfortunately it becomes a problem for the average guy like me to try & ship it out to a buyer. Needs to be picked up locally & that kind of limits the willing buyers. Thanks again for the suggestions. :hi:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I was able to break mine down to fit into a small SUV; A Ford Escape, and was able to close the rear tailgate.

Reactions: Maddog

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was able to break mine down to fit into a small SUV; A Ford Escape, and was able to close the rear tailgate.
Thanks for that information. That may help make it easier for a buyer with a small SUV willing to possibly drive a distance to pick it up. When you break down the assembly it becomes a little less difficult to handle. I have to tell you that I really like Deere products, but I can cus up a storm sometimes. the darn stuff is so freaking heavy. That snow blade weighs in at around 475 pounds.
Then I've got a 72" cut mower deck that weighs in at 480 punds. So far I've avoided giving myself a hernea, but I can tell you more than once I've re injured my spine for several weeks at the sight of a spinal fusion that was surgically done years ago.
:flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would do Craigslist 1st. I would then look for some local papers in your area that offer free for sale ads. Avoid eBay. Shipping that will cost to much and eBay and PayPal will hose you on the fees and sales commissions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts