Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My super sweet wife ordered a 260 backhoe for my 1025R today. Doesn't everybody wish they had a wife like that????:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My super sweet wife ordered a 260 backhoe for my 1025R today. Doesn't everybody wish they had a wife like that????:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Shes a keeper. :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
Hey, I thought she said that backhoe was for my new tractor?:dunno:

Seriously, congratulations. Having an understanding, supporting and encouraging wife is truly a blessing. :good2:

But I would also bet that you must be a great husband and take good care of her, otherwise she wouldn't be doing this.:lovetongue:

Enjoy your new "Backhoe" and remember, you must post pictures. When is your backhoe going to arrive, did they say?

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Congrats. You are a lucky man. :good2::good2:

·
Premium Member
9,376 Posts
I just noticed that your wife's gift of a "hoe" to you wasn't even listed in your "Working on it" list. That's impressive.

Only on a tractor forum can one proclaim "My wife just got me a new "Hoe"" and people will not think anything is amiss.....:lolol::lol::laugh:

Have you selected a Grapple or have it narrowed down to a few different ones? I have decided to add a "Thumb" to my Pallet forks and kill two birds with one stone, (no offense meant to birds and no harm implied to them, either)......

For me a grapple will be an occasional use item, a few times a year and I will also use the pallet forms the same way, so hopefully by putting a grapple thumb on the forks, it will meet my needs. This keeps the weight down on the grapple and maintains as much of the lifting capacity as possible of the 1025R.

The other good news is that the Thumb can be added for under $500 to existing pallet forks. There is a thread which just was written in the last few days by GTT member "NEB' showing his pallet forks and using the thumb to develop his grapple, if you are interested.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,289 Posts
Damn, I bought 6 suitcase weights today and was told I couldn't buy anything else for the rest of the year. I can't complain though, my wife did tell me to trade the 2210 for the 1026.

Congrats on your getting the BH! Make sure you give her a...hug, yah that's it, give her a hug for getting the BH for you. Anything else I'll just stay on my side of the fence with my back turned. :laugh: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
You're a lucky man

Definitely a lucky man. Congratulations!

Treefarmer

·
Registered
4,222 Posts

Ok, fess up. What are you going to have to get her now????? Women are conniving, you know. My sister's husband bought some land she did not want him to buy, so she said OK, if you can do that, I want the house remodeled. She got the house remodeled. She had been wanting the remodeling for some time anyway, but he was not cooperating. So he really put his foot in that time.

Dave

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I would say that she is a keeper. You might want to make sure Christmas is extra special for her this year.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
You know that hoe can dig a hole 6’ deep real easy, you better watch yer back.

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
Definitely a keeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grapple

I just noticed that your wife's gift of a "hoe" to you wasn't even listed in your "Working on it" list. That's impressive.

Have you selected a Grapple or have it narrowed down to a few different ones? I have decided to add a "Thumb" to my Pallet forks and kill two birds with one stone, (no offense meant to birds and no harm implied to them, either)......

I am actually building one, I will have about $200 in it (not counting the tractor hydraulics). Due to medical conditions I have much more time on my hands than money, so making implements is a way I can get the toys (I mean equipment ) I want LOL My wife buying the BH is the only way I was able to have it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,158 Posts
Congratulations GentlemanFarmer. :thumbup1gif:
Just so ya know. This is what happens next...

Mel.JPG
Although, Babycakes did do a good job. :lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,289 Posts
Congratulations GentlemanFarmer. :thumbup1gif:
Just so ya know. This is what happens next...

View attachment 471898
Although, Babycakes did do a good job. :lol:
You think maybe he has to get another tractor so he can have one too? :mocking: Babycakes was probably thinking of that when she said you should get another one. She wants you to have one too! :lol:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
had a lot of trouble with it but the dealer took it back after MY wife got done with him, and on my birthday card was a new 2305 she did the dealing and got it done, what a suprise .
You got one of them too. I pity the person that has to negotiate with my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,289 Posts
You got one of them too. I pity the person that has to negotiate with my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If my wife goes with me to buy something, nothing gets bought unless it's her way. If I really want/need it I have to go back without her to buy it but I use her memory with the sales person to my advantage. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,944 Posts

Only on a tractor forum can one proclaim "My wife just got me a new "Hoe"" and people will not think anything is amiss.....:lolol::lol::laugh:

For me a grapple will be an occasional use item, a few times a year and I will also use the pallet forms the same way, so hopefully by putting a grapple thumb on the forks, it will meet my needs. This keeps the weight down on the grapple and maintains as much of the lifting capacity as possible of the 1025R.

The other good news is that the Thumb can be added for under $500 to existing pallet forks. There is a thread which just was written in the last few days by GTT member "NEB' showing his pallet forks and using the thumb to develop his grapple, if you are interested.
I think you will find a grapple is NOT an occasional use item. Mine is on the 2030 90% of the time, only off when the brush is on :greentractorride:

Damn, I bought 6 suitcase weights today and was told I couldn't buy anything else for the rest of the year. I can't complain though, my wife did tell me to trade the 2210 for the 1026.

Congrats on your getting the BH! Make sure you give her a...hug, yah that's it, give her a hug for getting the BH for you. Anything else I'll just stay on my side of the fence with my back turned. :laugh: :bigthumb:
Hey Levi, at least the year is almost over :good2: :greentractorride:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At the dealer

Just a quick update to let you know the BH is here and the tractor is at the dealer gettin' it's hoe on :laugh::lol::lolol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts