Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys,

Been looking for a good tiller for some med duty work. Was wanting the KK that TTWT uses after watchiing several of his videos, But between, taxes and shipping I can't justify the extra $350 ... I think I would just buy the unit from TSC locally and save a few bucks or pay about the same for the KK. The TSC is a Countyline tiller, I believe made by either Tarter or Behlen. Now comes the kind of deal I can live with if it doesn't cost me any real quality or dependability. I came across a BETSTSO brand FH-TL125 48" Tiller for $1457.34 with a coupon down to $1165.87 with free shipping ... any thoughts or experience anyone can share is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,426 Posts
Never really heard of them so I did a little search.

Here is a link to another site with the same question. It appears they are in importer / reseller.

Betstco or value leader implements

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
If you have the luxury of time, I would suggest you monitor Craig's List and Facebook Marketplace. Around here, they show up from time to time and many have little to no usage. I recently recall seeing a virtually new John Deere 647 tiller for $1000 on Mpls Craig's List. The one thing you do need to keep in mind with a used tiller is driveshaft length. Shortening a driveshaft is not a big issue. However, making it longer...well, not so practical. So if you have to purchase a driveshaft, factor that into your cost analysis.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Opps... just took a closer look at the specs... I don't think I want an offset tiller.... thats what it is..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, good info so far ... keep it coming... I'm on Marketplace and CL constandly... the few good deals are too far away, got one local, that's a good unit, but it's 2015 Land Pride RTA1258 58" .. she wants $1700

·
Premium Member
8,426 Posts
but it's 2015 Land Pride RTA1258 58" .. she wants $1700
If in good condition that is in line with what I found on TractorHouse.

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/list/manufacturer/land-pride/model/rta1258

New seems to be in the $2,200 - $2,500 range.

Landpride is a quality manufaturer and they fall in the same category as John Deere with "value".

That said, she "wants $1,700". How much she wants to sell and who has the cash will determine what the sale price is.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid to buy the BETSTCO tiller … The quality of their products seem to be on par with most other implements on the market, and you'd be hard pressed to find another new tiller for that price, especially with free shipping included..
I've dealt with this company before, and have no regrets buying from them.

G

·
Registered
446 Posts
I know a guy that uses the Betstco 48" tiller 48" Rotary Garden Tiller, FH-TL125 | Betstco Sales, Parts, and Service: and after seeing it in person I'm impressed. Back when I did a huge amount of tilling with my X580 and the JD 30" mechanical tiller, I not only found the offset to be a handy feature, but a distinct advantage in many cases. (Close to fences, walls, other objects, circular tilling, etc.)

Now, if a 48" tiller will cover your tracks, the other option I have looked at is from TSC 48" https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-rotary-tiller-4-ft , which I feel will work fine behind my soon to be delivered 1023e. I haven't seen these in use, but I've been told they're a beast and I have seen them at the store, so I'll attest they are very, very well built.

Good luck, and let us know which way you go.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never really heard of them so I did a little search.

Here is a link to another site with the same question. It appears they are in importer / reseller.

Betstco or value leader implements
If in good condition that is in line with what I found on TractorHouse.

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/list/manufacturer/land-pride/model/rta1258

New seems to be in the $2,200 - $2,500 range.

Landpride is a quality manufaturer and they fall in the same category as John Deere with "value".

That said, she "wants $1,700". How much she wants to sell and who has the cash will determine what the sale price is.
Well, looks like I'll go with the TSC Countyline 48" Tiller... looks like a good one, they have it in stock at $1650 plus tax. Just have to sell one of my Pre ban Colt AR's .. of course, providing a better deal doesn't show up in the meantime. What do you all think of that model..

·
Registered
278 Posts
I wish I would have bought the TSC Couny Line instead of the JD 647 that I bought at twice the price. The 4 ft TSC model was only 1249 when I bought my tractor. and to add insult to injury, 3 years and 300 hours later, I have still not used the 647...

Does anybody make an implement that will kick me in the a$$ before I make a stupid decision?

·
Premium Member
8,426 Posts
What do you all think of that model..
I've never heard a complaint about them.

While you are mustering up the cash, keep an eye out for a 10% off sale. They have those every now and then and the coupon is good for anything in the store.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I couldn't wait any longer ... I done did it today ... pulled the trigger, my local TSC had the Countyline 48" unit in stock. $50.00 off, no interest 12 months, cause I gots no money.. Was nice to be able to check it out 1st, what a nice heavy duty unit!

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
That tiller is one of the main reasons I went up to a 2032r. Hope you have level ground. The 1025r doesn't lift it very high.

Edit, it's a very well built tiller btw, very nice unit.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Congrats on the new tiller. I don't remember what direction those tines move, but be careful when tilling down hills.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
The tarter brand that tractor supply sells is reversible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts