Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I surfed the web a while back and found a way to turn a small chest freezer into a beverage cooler.

Inside the panel on the outside, it usually has a vent?,is a controller that regulates the temperature. On all of them there is a set screw with a wax coating, tape strip, etc over the top, always some color. Red, green, etc.. When you remove that and turn the screw clockwise, it recalibrates the temperature input offset. It thinks it is -5F or what ever but it is really, say, 32F. This allows a freezer to be a very cold refrigerator.

I keep my "beverages" in the $98 Lowes chest freezer out under the carport. Perfect temp year around/ It's been put there for 3 years with no issues. Summer, winter. Very cold, but no freezing.

For those that enjoy a "beverage" but never seem to have room in the real fridge....

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I have a small dorm fridge on my workbench by the 3 steps from back boor to the garage. No freezer just real cold. sometines when i crack a diet coke i have some slush. Great:yahoo::yahoo:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,256 Posts
Beverage??

I have two fridges, one side-by-side(in my shop kitchen, only 8 steps away) and a dorm fridge(on one of my work benches). My wife keeps them loaded with my favorite beverages. She is a good person; and looks after my betterment.
:good2:

Both fridges maintain a very cold temp for my
beverages. :bigbeer:

bet·ter·ment

noun

• the act, or process of improving something(or, someone).
    "they believed that what they are doing is vital for the betterment of society"

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I have a dorm fridge in the tractor shed, filled w waters. Nothing like a cold bottle in the summer, right now is shut off...still keeps waters cold!!

·
Administrator
20,677 Posts
This is fairly easy to do, but some pictures always help. :good2:

I drilled an access hole for ease of adjustment.

Makes a great beverage cooler. :drinks:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
Kewl Jason. With that the party can start at any time. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,571 Posts

Now I know what Randy is building that hitch for.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That's what I'm talkin' about. Thanks for the pics.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

:clapping::bigbeer::clapping::bigbeer::clapping::bigbeer::clapping::bigbeer::clapping::bigbeer::clapping::bigbeer::clapping::bigbeer::clapping:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts