Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a heads up for what its worth..

Looks like around 50 pieces of Deere equipment (lawn tractors, zero turns, Gators, Compact tractors etc...) and attacments

Being auctioned off @ Copart in Virginia

Flood Salvage. Did a dealer flood??? All look very new. They dont all give full ID#s so they wont come up in google search in the future.
They might hit the used market washed ( no pun intended ) and resold as all good. Be careful. Some stuff like attachmentscan be good but electronics will be suspect. ......BUYER BEWARE.....

https://www.copart.com/lotSearchResults/?free=true&query=Deere
6391e88a-c5e2-4f3e-8f43-e31e8d401c66.jpeg
d7ed01a3-819c-4559-adfe-c1ef57e7d7a3.jpeg
3db01e35-2385-4a87-8b5d-0df2c0a12c3f.jpeg
e8b0e18c-2cfa-454d-ba9d-89189bcf9f1c.jpeg
0aad66ed-9c86-48c8-8dd7-592c6a9ad412.jpeg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based upon some of the pictures of the gators they had debris in the tailgates and boxes so it was pretty deep i guess. The sad thing is they look great... Very tempting. But I am sure all crankcases look like chocolate milkshake. And you know what that means.

Looks like the dealer was James River Equipment.. saw their tag on a few pieces of equipment.

a5fc98c4-f9ec-4b24-baa8-70077fd96f64.jpeg
743c629f-3f9c-4c8c-a5a8-239d971442f7.jpeg
fe1858fc-881a-4011-a69c-56e85e137a30.jpeg

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
All these units came out of a James River dealership in VA. I ran some of the serial numbers and all are flagged in the warranty system. "warranty suspended" Also listed as flood damaged.
Good information for a prospective bidder, xcopterdoc.:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,532 Posts
All these units came out of a James River dealership in VA. I ran some of the serial numbers and all are flagged in the warranty system. "warranty suspended" Also listed as flood damaged.
This pic was posted on FaceBook on June 8th after that happened, said to be from James River Equipment, Wakefield, VA location.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Ugh... that's heartbreaking, which is just characteristic of any flood. what a shame...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW...... That explains why there is no water line on all the equipment. If it was up to the hood on a 3032E then many of the gators, lawn tractors, zero turns were completly submerged.

What will become of these??? Some individuals will try to pull a fast one and sell to unsuspecting people. "NEW Barely Used" Then when the poor fellow goes to Deere dealer for service or an issue he will get the bad news. Will they be parted out?? Lots of good sheetmetal and body plastic. Prices are getting up there on some of the tractors and fancy gators $5000+

Sitting at over 5k right now
5d37fc54-f616-451f-a25f-dafe6305d27a.jpeg

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
A good number of them will be probably be re-sold by used equipment dealers after cleaning them up and changing the oil. Creatively wording the sales material to omit anything about the serial number, year, warranty, or history will probably work on first time buyers that don't know any better. I hope would people with some experience buying used equipment would find the serial number, and call up a local dealer to run the serial number before buying anything.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know of no CARFAX-like information available for equipment. The lack of one combined with the fact that most tractors and other equipment do not require a title to transfer ownership makes for a very dangerous scenario for uninformed or careless buyers, and a huge profit potential for dishonest sellers. I have been in every aspect of the car business for the last 35 years and there is no doubt that CARFAX has reshaped the entire wholesale and retail vehicle business. Its not perfect, and it is not always accurate either. But it has put a major portion of dishonest wreck rebuilders and odometer clockers out of business. But I do think some of the crooks have headed over to equipment sales because it is so unregulated. I would be very careful because they are all going to land somewhere. Thanks for posting this.

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
I know of no CARFAX-like information available for equipment. The lack of one combined with the fact that most tractors and other equipment do not require a title to transfer ownership makes for a very dangerous scenario for uninformed or careless buyers, and a huge profit potential for dishonest sellers. I have been in every aspect of the car business for the last 35 years and there is no doubt that CARFAX has reshaped the entire wholesale and retail vehicle business. Its not perfect, and it is not always accurate either. But it has put a major portion of dishonest wreck rebuilders and odometer clockers out of business. But I do think some of the crooks have headed over to equipment sales because it is so unregulated. I would be very careful because they are all going to land somewhere. Thanks for posting this.
I think the gators now have titles. Would it be noted on that? Of course the buyer wouldn’t see it until it was too late though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think the gators now have titles. Would it be noted on that? Of course the buyer wouldn’t see it until it was too late though.
I think most everything now has the standard 17 digit VIN numbers and I have tried to CARFAX various non-vehicle VIN numbers such as tractors, trailers, ATVs and UTVs etc. but it just comes up as "invalid VIN". For the time being it looks like CARFAX and similar services just focus on regular consumer type vehicles.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
If you were getting one of these (which I assume were brand new when the flood occurred) and could get it for half price or less, I wouldn't be afraid of grabbing one. The electronics would be the only real issue but Id gladly accept that risk if the price is right.
New wiring harnesses, switches, fuse box, any other electronics and a day or two or work swapping it all out...... where do I sign up? :gizmo:

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you were getting one of these (which I assume were brand new when the flood occurred) and could get it for half price or less, I wouldn't be afraid of grabbing one. The electronics would be the only real issue but Id gladly accept that risk if the price is right.
New wiring harnesses, switches, fuse box, any other electronics and a day or two or work swapping it all out...... where do I sign up? :gizmo:
Too high risk for my taste. Only way I would pay half price for something like that is if I KNEW the fluids were changed ASAP and nobody tried to start one without removing the injectors and spinning the water out first.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,533 Posts
Wouldn't have a problem with the mostly pig iron stuff like rotary cutters, box blades, etc., but the engine stuff
with electronics, no way.

·
Registered
231 Posts
it should have a salvage title since it was never sold from the dealer, so if the new owner does try to resell to a unsuspecting buyer he won't be able to show him a good title.
In MS that tractor would always have a salvage title..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts