Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tied changing the bh controls on a 375A bh. I'm used to the excavator controls and jd bh controls seem backwards to me.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,772 Posts
Has anyone tied changing the bh controls on a 375A bh. I'm used to the excavator controls and jd bh controls seem backwards to me.
John Deere "BH" pattern has always been opposite ISO(SAE/Excavator). You can swap the Crowd(stick) and Boom hoses at the control valve.

ISO vs BH.png

Reactions: OxPath

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't sure if that would work or not because when I was looking at the 2xxx series the salesman told me that they had someone else do that and said it didn't work right. I know in the newer jd bh you can switch to the excavator or bh pattern. But now I've decided to get the 3033R with the 375A bh but wasn't sure if it does work or doesnt. I've rent a real tiny mini excavator before and it was on bh controls and I switched it and it worked fine. I would just hate to buy a machine and have to learn the controls all over again.

·
Super Moderator
8,191 Posts
I wasn't sure if that would work or not because when I was looking at the 2xxx series the salesman told me that they had someone else do that and said it didn't work right. I know in the newer jd bh you can switch to the excavator or bh pattern. But now I've decided to get the 3033R with the 375A bh but wasn't sure if it does work or doesnt. I've rent a real tiny mini excavator before and it was on bh controls and I switched it and it worked fine. I would just hate to buy a machine and have to learn the controls all over again.
I purchased a used 46 BH a few years back and it was setup by the PO with the SAE pattern. Luckily he noted the hose locations on the spools with white and yellow paint marks. It was a quick swap back to the familiar BH pattern.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I purchase a used 46 BH a few years back and it was setup by the PO with the SAE pattern. Luckily he marked the hose locations on the spools with white and yellow paint marks. It was a quick swap back to the familiar BH pattern.
Good info if I ever have the urge to swap my 46, thanks.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts