Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Nice looking mower......strange color of green.

I like that it appears it will shed water vs holding it like my Woods mower and so many others.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
Must be a new model, I had not heard of BH516 :flag_of_truce::dunno:

It sure looks HEAVY DUTY :good2:

Just a "heads up" your tail wheel is mounted backwards :mocking:

·
Registered
369 Posts

His rear wheel is fine. They swivel 360 degrees so the tilt on the trailer is the reason for the wheel direction. It will move to the correct position when it's used.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
His rear wheel is fine. They swivel 360 degrees so the tilt on the trailer is the reason for the wheel direction. It will move to the correct position when it's used.
I'm pretty sure he was joking about the wheel being backwards.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,032 Posts
It also looks like there is a finish mower on that trailer as well. :munch:

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
I'm pretty sure he was joking about the wheel being backwards.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
No and No!

I realize the tail wheel mount can and will turn, when the cutter is pulled. It the direction the tail wheel is mounted on the hub. Not the way the tail wheel mount is turned.

Look carefully at the curves of the laminations that make rubber part of the tail wheel. There is correct direction of rotation.
Non believers can go to Bush hog's website and down load any rotary cutter manual (that uses a laminated tail wheel) and see for them selves the recommended direction of rotation for a laminated tail wheel.

I am betting no one knew there was recommended direction of rotation for laminated "tires"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

They just came out with the 500 series the past few weeks or so. I was set to order the 300 series, and I went to Bush Hogs web site to finalize my decision and this popped up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It also looks like there is a finish mower on that trailer as well. :munch:
It’s not mine. My buddy bought one and we picked them up together (It’s also a Bush Hog).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got to run it this weekend. All I can say is “HOLY S**T!!!” This thing runs like a hot knife through butter. I annihilated some heavy brush with it. Money well spent.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Looks like a beast :good2:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like a beast :good2:
When you thumped on my old one with your hand or foot, it had a “tinny” sort of sound. Do that to this one and it feels like you banged on a brick wall. 7 gauge steel all of the way around. Even I’m going to have a hard time damaging this one.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
I would not be surprised if the side skirts were 1/4"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update: This thing is a beast! I’ve run through some very thick brush and it devoured it. While I try to be careful ( run my bucket low to “feel” my way for obstructions and run the mower a bit high) I still managed to whack a few hidden stumps. Smashed/ bounced off of them with no damage. This was money well spent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts