Green Tractor Talk banner

281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
:good2:thanks for the info-giz. seems i'm not the only person going thru the thump-thumping either-huh.

For BigJim.

The spanner wrench that came with our Gator for adjusting the shock springs

i need to call my sales lady about this. maybe jd forgot to put mine in the machine for some reason. jeez--Murphy's law follows me everywhere see.

·
Corndog Hater
11,471 Posts
For BigJim.

Sooooooo that's what that thing is, we have one here now too. It has been a mystery, until right now.:good2:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Sooooooo that's what that thing is, we have one here now too. It has been a mystery, until right now.:good2:
:hi: No, Keith ain't right - normally this part is for opening beer bottles. But you can also use it as a wrench...

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
For BigJim.

Gizmo2-got one coming in the mail this week, said no problem-she must of forgot to put it in package-so thanks again.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,652 Posts
Gizmo2-got one coming in the mail this week, said no problem-she must of forgot to put it in package-so thanks again.
:thumbup1gif:
Sorry it took me so long.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
wanted to update my thread that arlen started for me (y)

needed something to help remove and mount my snowplow to the caddy easier.
i bought 3 of harbor freights dollies a couple of 2?4s, some bolts washers, and nuts.
got the youngest boy and one of his buddies to bolt the 2 by 4s to these dollies. made it like a big T. I THOUGHT IT SHOULD HAVE plywood screwed to it, but we tried it first and it worked like a charm, able to roll the plow back away from the gator no problem. i stuck my plywood back in the garage for something later

so what do u think of the contraption?? i'm telling uns it is so easy to unhook. one finger can do it now(y):giggle:

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
I like it. No fingers if you make them do that as well. No good reason for you to be out in the elements. Me thinks that the plow came off in case you need to escape the working environment at home.

·
Corndog Hater
11,471 Posts
Looks good Jim. Mine is just in the barn and will likely need to be moved. However, with me having the poly blade, I thought the whole setup wasn't too heavy and the boys and I could move it. Of course, they won't always be available so a dolly like yours will probably be in my future sometime. The frame under mine has a kick stand that you drop down when disconnecting, does yours have one? Although with you're dolly, you wouldn't need to use it I suppose.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
Looks good Jim. Mine is just in the barn and will likely need to be moved. However, with me having the poly blade, I thought the whole setup wasn't too heavy and the boys and I could move it. Of course, they won't always be available so a dolly like yours will probably be in my future sometime. The frame under mine has a kick stand that you drop down when disconnecting, does yours have one? Although with you're dolly, you wouldn't need to use it I suppose.
yes it does have a kick stand to it too. the only bad thing i found with that was u had to pull or push the gator instead. now that doesn't sound bad, untill u came to lining the what i call the horns into the female side of the hitch that is bolted onto the gator, if off a hair u then had to slide the plow one way or the other, which still isn't all that bad, untill u came to lining up the pins to bounce into the holes to lock then.

this is kind of the same thing, except u now can roll it around to line up way more straight into the hitch holes. the little pins that latch are the boogers, one side goes right in the whole way, the other side not near as easy, but with a little percusion of a small hammer, everything is in then. :giggle:

still think installing some plywood would be a good idea to make it more stronger, this is good till the weather turns a lot warmer outside.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
I like it. No fingers if you make them do that as well. No good reason for you to be out in the elements. Me thinks that the plow came off in case you need to escape the working environment at home.
ha! well now come on, do u think i want to escape from home already:unsure: losing my puter again starting today. without the plow charley boy and i can just jump in the gator for a ride around the mountains. i can see into the future it will certainly get crowded around here quickly. lol

·
Premium Member
4,985 Posts
You should look into an iPad. 99% of the time that is what I use for this site or other surfing. As far as the leaving home. I love my wife dearly but I can see that her being home next week is going to cramp my style.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
You should look into an iPad. 99% of the time that is what I use for this site or other surfing. As far as the leaving home. I love my wife dearly but I can see that her being home next week is going to cramp my style.
today i tried her little itty bitty pad of something called. my god my hand is as big it is. ha!

since we are gonna be at home for how long now-i told her to get to it-and order herself a betterr laptop.. cause it aint gonna work for me to watch netflix or amazon prime movies all day and not be able to visit places. jeez.

did go riding to look for deer around dusk, saw over 30 of them out eating. so we stopped at my uncle and aunts to solve the world's problems. my uncle who had the triple by-pass last Jan. thinks that if he's in a crowd, and just one person has the virus, then he's gonna get it-and only him because of his heart by pass. i keep telling him to keep 6 or 8 ft away from everyone when out in the world, which he hasn't been out of the car the last time they was in town for his meds.

i tell him if he's wearing his mask, has gloves on, long sleep shirt on too. is 6 to 8 ft away i think he will be ok then. just because u have underlining issues-them spors aren't gonna just fly right to u-oh boy. he's 75 soon to be 76. its all in good fun till it might hit close home here.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
Plow caddy looks good Big Jim!
Those HF moving dollies they sell are great to have. I bet i have 10 of them stuck under things out in shed and in garage. Lol
Thanks--blue--ii sure enjoy it-way easy to unhook and hook back up now. as long as i'm on concrete-lol

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,652 Posts
Those HF moving dollies they sell are great to have. I bet i have 10 of them stuck under things out in shed and in garage. Lol
(y) I bet I have at least 4

281 - 296 of 296 Posts