Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here goes...

Unlike many of you with big beautiful shops with concrete floors I have very limited storage space in a wooden shed.

My storage strategy will prioritize my PTO driven implements and hopefully my backhoe and the tractor itself to be stored inside the shed. hopefully between heavy duty scaffolds/stacking, putting things on moving dollies for maneuverability I should be able to pull it off

I have been keeping my BigToolRack inside my shed because it’s such a beautiful piece - has anyone stored theirs outside? I imagine I will want to move it outside and potentially keep it and some other implements under a lean to.

If you have stored it outdoors - how has it held up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My big tool rack is only 3 months old but it has only been outside. It was left outside for the first month I had it and now is under cover in an open barn. I haven't even taken it off my tractor since I got it. Very well made. My opinion it should be fine, seeing how it is in the short time I have had it. It's my favorite attachment.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm sure it will be fine for a while; however, anything left out will have paint fade, shortened plastic life, & eventual rust. It doesn't matter how well something is made. This is just the reality of constant exposure. I'd figure out a way to get it under cover. Too expensive of a piece to leave out imho.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure it will be fine for a while; however, anything left out will have paint fade, shortened plastic life, & eventual rust. It doesn't matter how well something is made. This is just the reality of constant exposure. I'd figure out a way to get it under cover. Too expensive of a piece to leave out imho.
Yeah I’ll get it under a lean to - I just won’t have four walls around it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts