Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok when I got trailer I got 2 cheap but workable ratchet binders for the 70 chain. Issue is hard to use and very tough to “click over” to undo. Always have to get a big screwdriver to assist. Looking to replace.....thoughts?
Load weight about 4.5k lbs I am a 4 corners guy, 1 chain for each
How would these work or something similar

https://www.amazon.com/16-3-Ratchet-Buckle-Chain-Binder/dp/B00B0IPDJE?ref_=Oct_RAsinC_Ajax_256382011_0&pf_rd_r=1S7P1A4P8RH6H9QYPKKD&pf_rd_p=82456d51-5e25-5c2c-96ad-d6c45a2c8fb3&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=256382011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a job for fluid film

·
Registered
11,416 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi fdmars
I have been using these binders for a while now when transporting my 1025R. AS you can see I have changed the chain and hooks, the chain is still grade 70 chain and the hooks are of an equivalent rating. These binders have a double lock and are easier to use than the screw type. I use a round sling around the FEL post to hook to. It makes securing the tractor simple and easy without having long tie down chains.:good2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John54 where did you get them? Would like to check specs
Thx

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi fdmars
I live in Australia so where I got them from is probably no help. But when I bought then the dox showed the same picture that is on amazon. Stamped on the side it says tested to 4 ton for 30 minutes. I have a friend who runs a B-Double rig for carting logs out of the bush he uses as many others do these binders to chain the logs down.
The top picture the binder how I bought it and the picture below is after modification.
Regards John

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Ok when I got trailer I got 2 cheap but workable ratchet binders for the 70 chain. Issue is hard to use and very tough to “click over” to undo. Always have to get a big screwdriver to assist. Looking to replace.....thoughts?
Load weight about 4.5k lbs I am a 4 corners guy, 1 chain for each
How would these work or something similar

https://www.amazon.com/16-3-Ratchet-Buckle-Chain-Binder/dp/B00B0IPDJE?ref_=Oct_RAsinC_Ajax_256382011_0&pf_rd_r=1S7P1A4P8RH6H9QYPKKD&pf_rd_p=82456d51-5e25-5c2c-96ad-d6c45a2c8fb3&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=256382011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Those Ancra ratcheting chain binders are what I utilize. Checkout this thread, specifically post #36 & 47:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/14212-how-tie-down-1025r-tractor-loader-backhoe-when-transporting-5.html

·
Administrator
17,323 Posts
If you got the standard chinese red binders, make sure you grease the ball under the tab you swap to from forward to reverse. They also "loosen" up over time and get easier to operate. I grease the threads and the ratchet wheel and after a few months they spin very easily.
I use the same. Relatively inexpensive and easy to operate.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
IF you use rachet binders you need a can of WD40, they do like to rust up. As for the lever binders, they are a lot faster than the rachet, but they can pop off if you don't tie the lever, when I have to use them I wrap the excess chain around the lever. I do prefer the rachets at all 4 corners, and I cross my chains.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts