Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an older thread here re: biodiesel. Been 5 years since the last post, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I've been running pure biodiesel in my 670 for close to 20 years. The only problems I've had were with the fuel hoses and fuel cap gasket.

It took about 10 years for the BD to turn the rubber hoses to goo. After that I switched them out for urethane. Those lasted maybe 5 years, so now I'm on to neoprene.
Other than that, Yannie runs great, and I'd rather breathe fryer fumes than dino soot. :) ( The tractor has a stack on it, and at 6'4", the exhaust comes out right at my face level when I'm in the seat.)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well, I hope it continues to work well for you.
Makes me think of what the s--t ethanol gas does to carburetors, turning the neoprene needles to goo, warping plastic fuel tanks, deteriorating gas lines, etc.

Not to create worry, but if that stuff turned the hoses to snot...what about the rubber seals in the engine?

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I saw an older thread here re: biodiesel. Been 5 years since the last post, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I've been running pure biodiesel in my 670 for close to 20 years. The only problems I've had were with the fuel hoses and fuel cap gasket.

It took about 10 years for the BD to turn the rubber hoses to goo. After that I switched them out for urethane. Those lasted maybe 5 years, so now I'm on to neoprene.
Other than that, Yannie runs great, and I'd rather breathe fryer fumes than dino soot. :) ( The tractor has a stack on it, and at 6'4", the exhaust comes out right at my face level when I'm in the seat.)

You need a TALLER stack.:bigthumb:

Dave

PS:: or reroute the exhaust out the back.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
The nearest bio-fuel is almost 50 miles away,,,
so, I am stuck with regular diesel,,,, no enjoying the smell of fries for me,,, :flag_of_truce:

:laugh:

Reactions: Levi
1 - 4 of 4 Posts