Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my lawn tractor today and every time i came off the brake pedal the tractor would stale, just like when you come off the seat when not in park. After repeated attempts I was convinced I had a linkage problem. Just for kicks I check gas and noticed a few specks of white seat cushion. When I lowered the seat a few acorns fell out. I lifted and dropped the seat again and more fell out. I then realized that the acorns might be interfering with the seat sensor. Sure enough and keep lifting and lowering the seat and maybe 50 acorns had been stored in the seat. I started the tractor once again and no problem.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Why are you storing acorns in your seat? :unknown:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
This is why I shoot chipmunks.
They are not cute, they are destructive little monsters whose only apparent purpose is to find the most inconvenient place to store their nuts, and dig holes under concrete, causing it to settle in bad ways. Man, I hate chipmunks.

Wait until they decide to start storing stuff in your engine compartment, if they havent already. Or build a nest in there.
Good times!

Squirrels are just larger chipmunks, but arent legal to shoot out of season. They do stay away from the house and garage for the most part though. Maybe theyve seen what I do to their smaller buddies.
They dont live underground, but dont mind digging to find the nuts the chipmunks stored!

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Squirrels have a season?!? Good grief, if there was ever a critter that was in no danger whatsoever of going extinct...

·
Registered
12,545 Posts
That is true here as well, squirrels fall into “small game” but I don’t believe there is a limit.
I do however agree with how destructive chipmunks can be, we get rid the few that get past our dogs and the killer cat.
Red squirrels are the worst by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
This is why I shoot chipmunks.
They are not cute, they are destructive little monsters whose only apparent purpose is to find the most inconvenient place to store their nuts, and dig holes under concrete, causing it to settle in bad ways. Man, I hate chipmunks.

Wait until they decide to start storing stuff in your engine compartment, if they havent already. Or build a nest in there.
Good times!

Squirrels are just larger chipmunks, but arent legal to shoot out of season. They do stay away from the house and garage for the most part though. Maybe theyve seen what I do to their smaller buddies.
They dont live underground, but dont mind digging to find the nuts the chipmunks stored!
Ditto....one shot one kill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Squirrels have a season?!? Good grief, if there was ever a critter that was in no danger whatsoever of going extinct...
There is always the nuisance pest clause.:good2:

That is true here as well, squirrels fall into “small game” but I don’t believe there is a limit.
I do however agree with how destructive chipmunks can be, we get rid the few that get past our dogs and the killer cat.
Red squirrels are the worst by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not see squirrels in color. All are nuisances.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
There is always the nuisance pest clause.:good2:

I do not see squirrels in color. All are nuisances.
Around here, if you are the landowner, out of season, you can only trap them, then either relocate and release, or kill them. Now, why you cant kill them and skip the trap step, Ill never know, and how they would know I also dont know, but thats the law here.
Now, if they happen to wander through the Conibear 220 meant for a groundhog, well, I guess thats just their bad luck.

Interestingly, the squirrel season just started here, so maybe I need to go get a license and take care of some.
My old .22 certainly wouldnt mind the work, but they arent nearly as bothersome as the dang chipmunks.
I have a theory Im going to test next Spring. I believe Chipmunks like to be on top of things, like Squirrels do, when they eat. They like to look around I guess.
Anyway, Im going to cut some logs about 12" long, and place randomly around the woods. That way, they are short enough the little buggers can jump onto them, but tall enough I can see them. Then Ill just see what happens.
My guess is, Ill get some nice target practice with my .22. Not that I need it, its ridiculously accurate, and Ive been shooting it for better than 30 years.

Now that we have gone way off topic, lol, maybe I need to start a thread about nuisance pest hunting on your own property, or something similar.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Around here, if you are the landowner, out of season, you can only trap them, then either relocate and release, or kill them. Now, why you cant kill them and skip the trap step, Ill never know, and how they would know I also dont know, but thats the law here.
Now, if they happen to wander through the Conibear 220 meant for a groundhog, well, I guess thats just their bad luck.
Havaheart traps are the best. :good2: galvanized so they don’t rust from repeated dunking. Good open gaps if something flies in them.

·
Registered
12,545 Posts
Havaheart traps are the best. :good2: galvanized so they don’t rust from repeated dunking. Good open gaps if something flies in them.
:lolol: I was going to say the same thing, we live trap them and then offer swimming lessons. :lolol:

Side note:

They don't swim well in a cage

1 - 14 of 14 Posts