Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sale is too good to pass up,, I bought one, and I do not even have an immediate need for a seat,,,

Black Talon Seats Tractor Seat Universal High Back 44000BK03UN

Northern Tool sells these for about $269

$117 with free two day shipping is crazy cheap,,,

I might make a new shop stool out of it,,,:dunno:

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Huh. I wonder if that would bolt in to my 2032R without to much work??? :unknown:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
This sale is too good to pass up,, I bought one, and I do not even have an immediate need for a seat,,,

Tempting for sure. I half need a new seat for the GX345 but I think this would look funky on it...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh. I wonder if that would bolt in to my 2032R without to much work??? :unknown:
If you look up the seat on Northern Tool, there are more pics, and a mounting diagram,,
from that diagram,, I would bet this seat would match just about ANY hole pattern,, if there are four holes,, :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts

Thanks for posting this, I just ordered one. Been looking for a better seat with armrests for my Cub and this looks like will fill the bill. I had looked at this seat before on Northern and besides the $269 price, shipping for me would have been another $30 for a total around $300, so this is a great deal. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Do the arm rests fold up? What is distance between inside of arm rests ?
I put mine on this weekend. The arm rests do fold up and have a good adjustment on them. I did not see this before and so did not measure the distance but will try to remember to do it later.

As delivered by Fedex:

p1.JPG

Old Yeller was glad to carry it to the shop:

p2.JPG

I didn't need to use the slide rails that came with it as the base on my tractor has that, just transferred the bottom plate from my old seat to the new. This plate also has the bracket to let the seat flip forward. Only had to drill 2 new holes in the plate to make it fit the new seat:

p3.JPG

My old seat before removal. Despite being 23 years old it is still in perfect shape, but is just a formed 1-piece with no adjustments or armrests and gets very uncomfortable after sitting in it for a couple of hours:

p4.JPG

The new seat in its place. Really like the armrests and that the back adjusts to different angles:

p5.JPG

p6.JPG

Well,, if you wanted one,, I hope you did not procrastinate,, the price went up to $254,,, :flag_of_truce:
Thanks again for the original post, was a heckuvadeal. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After the seat arrived, and I installed it, I could not resist,, I had to order a second seat,, it just arrived,, :good2:
The price went up the day after I ordered the second seat,,

Hopefully, the second one will be my new shop workbench seat,,,:yahoo:
Now, I gotta get busy building a frame to hold the seat,,, :hide:

·
Premium Member
7,458 Posts
The price is down,, from $117,, to $46.91 delivered,,, :flag_of_truce:
I wonder if that was a one day price or if they are closing them out, not to be carried anymore?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this could be a silly question but how does one get around the seat sensor after installing this particular seat? I have a 2320 and its tempting but also raises more question on fit/function.
The seat is designed for a zero turn,,
the instructions mention a switch,, but, I would imagine there are many switch variations,,, :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
wish I had a reason......both seats in great shape with seat covers on them.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Well I finally broke down and ordered one-with free shipping I couldn’t say no -$49.72 with tax :yahoo:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I guess it is over,, the website shows "Out Of Stock" as the current price,,

I hope everyone that wanted one got it!!,,, :dunno: - :good2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts