·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,468 Posts
This kind of Stuff Drives me NUTS.

·
Registered
440 Posts
This kind of Stuff Drives me NUTS.
Agreed. How can anyone successfully argue a case involving personal injury when the injured poured gas from a can on an open fire? Reminds me of a story I once heard about a man who won a lawsuit against Sears. He used his gas powered push mower to trim bushes with. You know the rest of the story.

·
Administrator
17,976 Posts
Sad...very sad. Another 117 Americans out of work, I hope everyone likes the new made in China gas cans...

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I have had a Blitz can for nearly 30 years. It is still a sound product, although the red color has faded to pink. No problems, but of course I never used it to pour gas on a burning fire either. Another great company ruined by lawyers.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
We need to enact a Darwin Law. These people failed... Gas cans suck bad enough as it is. It's actually less frustrating to load my 1026R up on a trailer and take it to a gas station for a fill up than to use a diesel can...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I like "jobs" as well as the next guy, but I've had 2 plastic 5gal. cans fail in the last 12 years. I can't say that they are "Blitz" brand. All I can say is that a plastic can with a central seam can and did leak at the bottom corner of the seam in both cases. This cost ME $14 before I found the leak last weekend.

I don't think plastic in any form is a good thing for portable gasoline storage and especially with no flashback screens. I know, I know, "plastic cans are more 'cost effective'", but I'll never buy another fuel can that is not steel. I just hope the 3 gallons of high test I lost into the ground will find a good home and none of you folks tells the DEC. I wonder how many more plastic jugs are leaking right now.

As far as stupid frivolous lawsuits... You'll never cure this without ridding this country of unscrupulous lawyers and judges. And you know who controls them guys, right, unscrupulous lawyers and judges. So some companies will win and some will lose and the consumer gets it in the neck once again.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
As crazy as this story is, at least Blitz was bought by a Canadian company, not Chinese. Of course I prefer to by Canadian first, American next, and China is way down the list but the volume of Chinese commodities coming into our countries is making that very difficult.

Just my soap box. :nunu:

Spoken by a proud Canadian... :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sad thing is the federal regulation on Blitz to put in some of the asinine safety features makes the can such a pain in the @$$ and then some dumb person takes it to a whole new level. Good people are out of work now...way to go.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
The way to stop frivolous lawsuits is to employ a very simple methodology that requires the loser in any case to pay the legal fees of the winning side. At that point, the only "ambulance chasing" lawyers that would take on a case where a client couldn't post a bond to cover the costs would be ones that TRULY believed the case could be won.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
The way to stop frivolous lawsuits is to employ a very simple methodology that requires the loser in any case to pay the legal fees of the winning side. At that point, the only "ambulance chasing" lawyers that would take on a case where a client couldn't post a bond to cover the costs would be ones that TRULY believed the case could be won.
Which right off the bat eleminates 50% of practicing lawyers' fees so that particular "reform" is immediately moot. Let's face it, since the American Revolution this country has been led, run, controlled and represented by lawyers. They got their self protection and monetary enhancement down to a science. Any reduction in their bottom line even though Joe Public would benefit greatly won't be happening in our present system of governance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts