Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install a block heater on my 2004 John Deere 110TLB. I could use some advice.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Part number is AR87167.
Installs on side of engine block. Depending on your engine type, you may also need to install the engine heater adapter, AM882530.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a photo of the placement
I have drain plugs down each side of engine ;And a threaded plug on one side that looks to small to receive the heater. I know how to put one in but witch side i am not sure .I really wont to be sure before i knock out a plug .

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Plug to install heater in is on the left side of the engine, seating on the seat. See the photo I posted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plug to install heater in is on the left side of the engine, seating on the seat. See the photo I posted.
Thank you i will order part and give it a try . Sorry if my questions seam dumb ;But i don't wont to make a simple mistake .

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
I have drain plugs down each side of engine.
Those are not drain plugs. Other than the threaded plug, they are know as "Freeze Plugs".
Sometimes, if the proper amount of freeze protection(anti-freeze) is not added to the coolant system, they will get pushed out, relieving pressure to the engine block. Actually, they are only plugs. The holes on the outside of the block are placed there to remove Casting-Sand, after the block is removed from the casting. These plugs are installed to retain the liquid coolant.
So, they should be named " casting hole plugs".
But, that was not my call, all those years ago. :lol:

·
Administrator
20,301 Posts
Thank you i will order part and give it a try . Sorry if my questions seam dumb ;But i don't wont to make a simple mistake .
No dumb questions here on GTT. We all start somewhere. :drinks:

·
Registered
10,057 Posts

Hey. Glad to help. I do understand.
Believe me. The dumbest question is the one people don't ask. I ask questions all the time. Just this afternoon I asked my wife if she stopped off from work; and bought my beere. She said NO. :nunu:
At least I asked.:flag_of_truce:

Beere, :drinks: rhymes with Deere...............:laugh:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey. Glad to help. I do understand.
Believe me. The dumbest question is the one people don't ask. I ask questions all the time. Just this afternoon I asked my wife if she stopped off from work; and bought my beere. She said NO. :nunu:
At least I asked.:flag_of_truce:

Beere, :drinks: rhymes with Deere...............:laugh:
Thanks a lot realy enjoyed this conversion ' And i learned a thing or to.

·
Administrator
17,122 Posts
JDP also shows an optional transmission heater for these:
110.gif

TRANSMISSION OIL HEATER
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
1AR95434Wire1
2H75541Clamp1
3AR94493Heater1
..R44302Tie Band2

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
both

Do you think both would be a good ideal . I just want to make starting less where on the tractor 'It started right up today at 14 degrees . but it did not like it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Do you think both would be a good ideal . I just want to make starting less where on the tractor 'It started right up today at 14 degrees . but it did not like it.
Trust us, that engine block heater will make a world of difference when cranking it up these cold mornings, not to mention less strain on your battery.
Did you install a battery-tender yet? I use them on everything I have, even in the summer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trust us, that engine block heater will make a world of difference when cranking it up these cold mornings, not to mention less strain on your battery.
Did you install a battery-tender yet? I use them on everything I have, even in the summer.
I have not try the tender but i will . thank you

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Up date

Just finished putting in ablock heater in my 110 ; and a battery tender. Had to start it today to lift loader out of the way. IT started at 0 with the help of ether . Putting block heater in is difficult do to pipes not able to get wrench on it to get it as tight as i would have liked. did get it snug by wrenching where the plug goes. Ihope that will work got to use it tomorrow to dig grave. If it starts getting real cold to night' god test.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just finished putting in ablock heater in my 110 ; and a battery tender. Had to start it today to lift loader out of the way. IT started at 0 with the help of ether . Putting block heater in is difficult do to pipes not able to get wrench on it to get it as tight as i would have liked. did get it snug by wrenching where the plug goes. Ihope that will work got to use it tomorrow to dig grave. If it starts getting real cold to night' god test.
Eight below zero this morning tractor started like it was summer.Like to thank every body for the good advice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts