Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
How to blow out the dust and stuff from the radiator and the rest of the tractor while in the field?

I carry a leaf blower in the truck to blow off the tractor but it is inconvenient most of the time while brush hogging to keep going back to the truck to blow out the radiator.
I'm looking for something like a compact/small leaf blower I can carry on the tractor to blow out the radiator while working so I don't waste time returning to the truck.

This is for my 3032E/3038E tractors.
Thanks for suggestions and comments on what you do!

·
Premium Member
9,728 Posts
Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Dewalt has one also. Looks small enough to hang on your rops or such
Thanks.
I have the Greenworks one that looks similar. I'll compare measurements though.
It is compact for a leaf blower but still a bit big overall.
I am going to see if I can mount it some how where it won't get hung up on branches or other things that grab.

·
Premium Member
9,728 Posts
You can probably make a cheap sleeve/ holster for it outta a section. of pipe slightly bigger than your blower tip. Mount it to the inside of one of your rops and Marks your uncle

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Leaf blower, or you could use portable air tank . Maybe even a 12v compressor. Should be a way to mount any of these to your tractor if going back to the truck is an issue.

·
Registered
117 Posts
A small air compressor (12v) will do an excellent job. To me, the issue is don't buy one that has too small of an air tank as you'll spend all your time waiting for the compressor to refill the tank which gets really frustrating!

·
Registered
2021 4044R CAB, Frontier L.R, Frontier R.F.M., FX110 winch, Frontier R.B., Frontier P.F., C-Line PHD
206 Posts
Dewalt 20v MAX "DCE100B" is the most compact leaf blower in their line up I am aware of. Packs up small enough to fit in a modular tool storage system, so probably easy to stash somewhere on a tractor? $129.00 as a bare tool usually without some "deal" running at Depot/Lowes/Amazon and so on. Although, if your not already within the Dewalt 20V MAX, or Flexvolt ecosystem, the price goes up exponentially. Best to buy during a holiday sale IME, lots of free batteries bundled with bare tool purchases etc.

I'm sure there are other battery options out there, I just personally have the most invested in Dewalt currently because of the Flexvolt offerings for work, so am most familiar with their compact and mid sized blowers.
That being said, I keep a Greenworks 80v backpack blower in my gang box that goes everywhere with me in the truck for that very purpose, cleaning off the machine, and also for cleanup at the end of the day if there has been some debris deposited on the road from equipment.
One of the small gas powered jobs with the 2" tube would likely be an affordable option as well, and as someone noted above, a piece of PVC/plastic pipe affixed to the tractor somewhere as a holster would be a slick setup?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dewalt 20v MAX "DCE100B" is the most compact leaf blower in their line up I am aware of. Packs up small enough to fit in a modular tool storage system, so probably easy to stash somewhere on a tractor? $129.00 as a bare tool usually without some "deal" running at Depot/Lowes/Amazon and so on. Although, if your not already within the Dewalt 20V MAX, or Flexvolt ecosystem, the price goes up exponentially. Best to buy during a holiday sale IME, lots of free batteries bundled with bare tool purchases etc.

I'm sure there are other battery options out there, I just personally have the most invested in Dewalt currently because of the Flexvolt offerings for work, so am most familiar with their compact and mid sized blowers.
That being said, I keep a Greenworks 80v backpack blower in my gang box that goes everywhere with me in the truck for that very purpose, cleaning off the machine, and also for cleanup at the end of the day if there has been some debris deposited on the road from equipment.
One of the small gas powered jobs with the 2" tube would likely be an affordable option as well, and as someone noted above, a piece of PVC/plastic pipe affixed to the tractor somewhere as a holster would be a slick setup?
I've got the 20 something volt regular greenworks and it does a decent job. Just a bit big and long for the tractor I think.
I have plenty of Dewalt 20V so good there. I'll check out the one you mention. Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A small air compressor (12v) will do an excellent job. To me, the issue is don't buy one that has too small of an air tank as you'll spend all your time waiting for the compressor to refill the tank which gets really frustrating!
NOt sure what size you are thinking but there is not much room to mount anything on these tractors so it's out of harms way.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

$99 on Amazon and here tomorrow. We'll see how it does!

·
Registered
2021 4044R CAB, Frontier L.R, Frontier R.F.M., FX110 winch, Frontier R.B., Frontier P.F., C-Line PHD
206 Posts
$99 on Amazon and here tomorrow. We'll see how it does!
Nice! It doesn't have the cfm of a full sized unit, but I use one quite often to blow out saws, planers, the shop and much more. Just takes a bit longer than a full size backpack model, although they aren't exactly "packable" or small enough to mount on a CUT. I do "love" the greenworks 80v backpack blower though for big/quick cleanups. I'd get another in a heartbeat. I'll be interested to see how the Dewalt works out for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
I bought one of these Ryobi ONE+ 18V Cordless Compact Workshop Blower for use instead of a bellows for my big outdoor fireplace. It has three speeds and turned out to be surprisingly powerful and handy for cleaning off the concrete counters, table, and other surfaces on the open patio. It will get a rip roaring fire going, too.

Tool Bicycle part Plastic Household cleaning supply Font

The nozzle is rubber so it can be held right against whatever it's blowing without hurting it any. It is a very handy tool and should work real good for radiators and screens. The only problem is the intake is on the left side so when holding in my right hand it sometimes sucks my shirt tail against the intake screen. The bigger Ryobi blowers are that way, too, which seems weird to me for right handed folks.

I have lots of Ryobi stuff so the brand was a no brainer for me. Those tools are actually pretty amazing for their cost and versatility. I have a pretty good collection of Dewalt 18v tools from my days as a millwright that still work, but the Ryobis perform just as well. And if they don't last as long, well, you can buy a few of them for the cost of the big name cordless stuff. I am always tempted when one of the Milwaukee tool threads comes up to post a picture of the old Milwaukee NiCad battery case I emptied out and attached a Ryobi 18v socket to. That is to run the $400 (15 years ago) SDS rotary hammer since it still works great but the old battery technology it came with sucks. Now that I am retired I can't get the mill to pay for my batteries and tools anymore.

Sorry for the mini hijack of your thread, but the mini blower is just the tool you might be looking for.

Reactions: Wirlybird

·
Premium Member
9,728 Posts
Nice! It doesn't have the cfm of a full sized unit, but I use one quite often to blow out saws, planers, the shop and much more. Just takes a bit longer than a full size backpack model, although they aren't exactly "packable" or small enough to mount on a CUT. I do "love" the greenworks 80v backpack blower though for big/quick cleanups. I'd get another in a heartbeat. I'll be interested to see how the Dewalt works out for you.
Does that thing come w a 80v battery like goes in the push mower?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does that thing come w a 80v battery like goes in the push mower?
You can get them as a combo with battery and charger, or just bare tool. I have a collection of Kobalt 80v and Greenworks 80v tools including the lawn mower, which has amazed me from day one I must say. The Kobalt 80v packs will fit into Greenworks tools as well if you take a dremel to one set of plastic guide rails on the tool. They are made in the same factory, just different colors and decals with the battery slot being modified to make you buy one brand or the other. With the price of the packs, I personally felt nit was worth it to share my 5 batteries across multiple brand tools.

·
Premium Member
9,728 Posts
Yes I agree on the mower. I have the 21” pro that came with 2 80V batteries as a sale. Very happy with it and it doesn’t dissapoint.

·
Premium Member
9,728 Posts
How long do you a run do you get on the mower before recharge?
About an hr each run. Maybe more but usually I can get all the trimming done inside an hour. I got a bunch of privacy trees that I mow under and around and that takes the longest. It usually can run on one battery for 3 full runs or so. It’s got a smart battery system where it will run on economy mode until it senses a heavier load and will accelerate the motor on its own. Pretty cool unit. Hold down a button and pull the bar back and away you go. Very lightweight and powerful. Just sharpened the blade for the first time earlier this year and it’s very thin to save on weight I assume. So glad I never have to pull a chord again.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Does your tractor start to run hot while you are bush hogging? I sure don't have to blow my coolers out on a frequency anything close to that. I had my old 5310 for over 20 years and probably didn't blow the radiator and coolers out 2 or 3 times. Never got a lot of dust or dirt out of them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.