Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,
Friday I had the tractor (1025r) out to mulch some leaves, went to switch from low to high gear and the tractor shuts off. No power, blew the 10amp F08 ignition run fuse. Replaced and worked fine. Switched into high, no problems. Today I switch to high, tractor shuts off. Went through 4 fuses. Obviously there is an electric issue. I didnt really get to dig into it yet. Any pointers where to start looking? I do have the rio bypass and seat shutoff mods done if this matters. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
What model is "the tractor"??? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hey everyone,
Friday I had the tractor (1025r) out to mulch some leaves, went to switch from low to high gear and the tractor shuts off. No power, blew the 10amp F08 ignition run fuse. Replaced and worked fine. Switched into high, no problems. Today I switch to high, tractor shuts off. Went through 4 fuses. Obviously there is an electric issue. I didnt really get to dig into it yet. Any pointers where to start looking? I do have the rio bypass and seat shutoff mods done if this matters. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I would start with your mods and make sure you don't have a bare wire shorting to ground. It that is not it then start at your battery connections and go through each ground connection after that.

JD Parts should have the basic wire schematic to try and trouble shoot from.

Good luck. Mystery electrical problems are no fun to work on.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I would start with the left side of the tractor, where the shifter is located. It sounds like a wire has worn through and once in a while it hits the shifter located on the left side.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Or maybe a bad neutral safety switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts