Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RIP Chris
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a fantastic tune on Sirius the other day from a band I'd never heard of, the Marvin King Band. If you like Blues-Rock, check them out. These guys can jam. They have a new album coming out in a couple of weeks, their third one. I'm not a big music nut these days, but I think I might have to get this one.

Who are your favorite blues-rockers?

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Grew up listening to and seeing Muddy Waters, John lee Hooker , Paul Butterfield, Al Kooper super session, John Mayall. BB and Albert King, James Cotton to name a few. Played harmonica and sang a bit.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I saw John Lee Hooker perform in a small club in Dayton in '81 or so. My buddy and I kind of stuck out in the crowd. Let's just say that we weren't the target demographic for that show. :laugh: But it was a great show!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Not a rock fan, but I do like this! Talk about some guitar licks!!!!!!
That song is often attributed to Lead Belly (though it probably predates him by a century or more), which definitely puts it in the blues/Americana genre.

The lead guitar player for Ram Jam, Bill Bartlett, was with the nausea inducing Lemon Pipers. This is definitely better.

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts