Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admittedly, I’m kind of a gadget geek. So, when I heard about this Bluetooth phone connector adapter, I had to have one.

The video shows the associated app, and illustrates the features available.

Connect Your PHONE to Your TRACTOR!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I want this, but only for the maintenance reminders that specify the parts. The other stuff seems like it's accessible on the current dash display, and I can't justify 100 bucks to tell me filter part numbers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I wonder how good the range is on this? Thinking it would be very handy for monitoring the tractor when it is doing generator duty. Be great to be able to easily check the temp, rpm, and fuel levels from inside the house while it is running the generator.

BT ranges can vary from just a few feet to almost 100 feet. I may drop $100 to see, nothing else still very useful for DTC and the gadget factor.

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
I didn't catch it if you mentioned it, but does it help forcast when regen will occur?
And part number please.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want this, but only for the maintenance reminders that specify the parts. The other stuff seems like it's accessible on the current dash display, and I can't justify 100 bucks to tell me filter part numbers.
Ok, just download the app for free. You can manually enter the hours on your tractor.
All the rest should be available in the app.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't catch it if you mentioned it, but does it help forcast when regen will occur?
And part number please.
It shows the current soot level. I assume a regen occurs when soot level reaches a certain level.

As I mentioned, the soot level dropped while I was mowing the lawn.

Tim

·
Registered
313 Posts
Are the new tractors BT ready? I didn't get that memo I guess.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
313 Posts
Trying to get me in trouble watching videos at work. But hey, I live on the edge. I still ask the same question but qualify it with 5 series tractors. I know I have the service plug but is there a different transmitter for 5 series? Surely it would be unthinkable that a $70,000 rig would come BT ready.

·
Premium Member
14,646 Posts
Ha, I'm just the opposite, service reminders are logged on paper for me, but the knowing how much engine load/fuel economy and such would be pretty neat.

On a side note, my wife says I'm not allowed to watch TTWT anymore :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ha, I'm just the opposite, service reminders are logged on paper for me, but the knowing how much engine load/fuel economy and such would be pretty neat.

On a side note, my wife says I'm not allowed to watch TTWT anymore :ROFLMAO:

I know how you feel. Watching TTWT gets expensive.

Here's a trick I've used more than once. I don't really need or want the fancy stuff he has but sometimes I need/want something a little cheaper. So.......ask for the expensive item and compromise with what you really had in mind.

"Ok honey, we'll skip the hydraulic land pulverizer with optional death ray defenders and get the 6 ft rake Rural King has on sale. I think I can get by with that on your Dad's project."

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know how you feel. Watching TTWT gets expensive.

Here's a trick I've used more than once. I don't really need or want the fancy stuff he has but sometimes I need/want something a little cheaper. So.......ask for the expensive item and compromise with what you really had in mind.

"Ok honey, we'll skip the hydraulic land pulverizer with optional death ray defenders and get the 6 ft rake Rural King has on sale. I think I can get by with that on your Dad's project."
...but those ‘Death Ray Defenders’ are SO COOL!!!

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
There goes another Hundred. after watching your stump grinding video I bought the Bumalight 1P24 now this. don't need it but I like he fuel readout in actual gallons.

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
There goes another Hundred. after watching your stump grinding video I bought the Bumalight 1P24 now this. don't need it but I like he fuel readout in actual gallons.
At least it's only a hundred this time and not a couple thousand like the stump grinder was! Gotta look on the bright side!!

I knew that there was no way that I could justify the Baumalight that I wanted... One of those 3PH Mulchers!! Trying to figure out how to talk Tim into letting me borrow it for a week or so. :)

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Is that large frame 2R and up or is the 2025R included in what this will work with?
I ask because I know the 2025R seems to have a lot more in common with the 1R family then the rest of the larger frame 2R family.

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Premium Member
14,646 Posts
Is that large frame 2R and up or is the 2025R included in what this will work with?
I ask because I know the 2025R seems to have a lot more in common with the 1R family then the rest of the larger frame 2R family.
It's only the 2032R and up

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
It's only the 2032R and up
Thanks Pat.
I will still buy one for my 4066R.
I just wasn't sure if I needed another for the new 2025R.
Looks like a pretty cool gadget to have.

·
Registered
206 Posts
At least it's only a hundred this time and not a couple thousand like the stump grinder was! Gotta look on the bright side!!

I knew that there was no way that I could justify the Baumalight that I wanted... One of those 3PH Mulchers!! Trying to figure out how to talk Tim into letting me borrow it for a week or so. :)

Obviously Tim is running a business but I've found you can do similar with just a Saturday morning or two each month. I usually try to take two or three small jobs each month to pay for my toys. I'm not trying to make a living with my tractor but I like recovering the cost of the equipment. I posted here awhile back about a tiller that paid for itself a couple times over just by doing a few gardens each spring when I had it hooked up anyway. I think a guy could recover the cost of that stump grinder in a year or two easily.

Insurance becomes a factor here so I'd be in touch with your agent before taking any jobs for people you don't know and trust.

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Obviously Tim is running a business but I've found you can do similar with just a Saturday morning or two each week. I usually try to take two or three small jobs each month to pay for my toys. I'm not trying to make a living with my tractor but I like recovering the cost of the equipment. I posted here awhile back about a tiller that paid for itself a couple times over just by doing a few gardens each spring when I had it hooked up anyway. I think a guy could recover the cost of that stump grinder in a year or two easily.

Insurance becomes a factor here so I'd be in touch with your agent before taking any jobs for people you don't know and trust.
since I got my stump grinder I have had all sorts of people who heard I had one ask what I would charge to grind their stump. my answer is I don't have time or insurance coverage to do it. I have ground for my neighbor that I owe several favors to. He often bailed me out of a mess so I was glad to do his, I was mowing once with my 67 1020 and I quit. he heard it die from his yard and before it coasted to a stop he showed up and his first comment was" sounds like dirty points" snapped the cap off and he had a small file on his knife and I was back running in 10 minutes. he's a old time racer/gearhead so I owe him.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts