Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Obviously Tim is running a business but I've found you can do similar with just a Saturday morning or two each week. I usually try to take two or three small jobs each month to pay for my toys. I'm not trying to make a living with my tractor but I like recovering the cost of the equipment. I posted here awhile back about a tiller that paid for itself a couple times over just by doing a few gardens each spring when I had it hooked up anyway. I think a guy could recover the cost of that stump grinder in a year or two easily.

Insurance becomes a factor here so I'd be in touch with your agent before taking any jobs for people you don't know and trust.
I think the stump grinder would be the easiest attachment to pay for by hiring out.
Everyone has stumps which need to be ground.
You can work year-round too.
Most attachments are seasonal.

The 1P24 is selling very well!

Tim

·
Registered
726 Posts
I don't have a smart phone. Heck, my dumb phone sleeps a lot.
Nice gadget though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered mine!! Thanks ttwt👌. I love more reasons to play wit my tractor

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Anybody put the Smart Connector Kit on a 4066R cab prior to model year 2019. Mine came some time ago and I just have not had time to mess with it. However, It appears that maybe the manual only covers 2019 and 2020 model years. I am hoping I will get to this in the next few days after the winter weather clears. 50 degrees colder this morning than it was yesterday afternoon. Possible snow, ice and freezing temps on the way.

Dave

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I installed the Smart Connector kit on my 4066R yesterday. Went much easier than I anticipated. The instructions leave a lot to be desired. Basically, just plug the new harness into the service port, plug the bluetooth module into the new harness and tie it up. Simple if you look at that way. Hardest part was removing the cowling. I lost a screw somewhere along the way. It will not work unless the key is turned on. Here are a couple of pics of the live dashboard. I have three old inactive trouble codes. I have them flagged to ignore, but have not been able to delete them. That is probably intentional. I have not yet figured out how to change the L/H fuel use to G/H.

Dave

Reactions: Dr Maphesto

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone. Has anyone had problems pairing their tractor connect? I have now tried 2 different tractor connect kits on my MY19 2032. In both cases once hooked up and ignition on the blue led behind the label lights up and flashes. However neither my iPhone or the wife’s android shows any Bluetooth connection. Tried restarting phones, different locations, unplug & re-plug etc. Nothing seems to make a difference. After the first one didn’t work my dealer did some research. No obvious problems came to light. He was good enough to order a second kit for me to try. No difference.

Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Hello everyone. Has anyone had problems pairing their tractor connect? I have now tried 2 different tractor connect kits on my MY19 2032. In both cases once hooked up and ignition on the blue led behind the label lights up and flashes. However neither my iPhone or the wife’s android shows any Bluetooth connection. Tried restarting phones, different locations, unplug & re-plug etc. Nothing seems to make a difference. After the first one didn’t work my dealer did some research. No obvious problems came to light. He was good enough to order a second kit for me to try. No difference.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Do you have the key on?

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
No problem pairing with my 4066R on my Samsung Note. Did you plug in the bluetooth module on the end of the new harness? You have to plug the new harness into the service port, then plug the bluetooth module into the end of the new harness. It will not work without the key in the on position.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Really? I’ve done some dumb things in my past. But I’m not stupid guys.

As I said in my original post, ignition was on and everything was plugged in properly.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Is your tractor the "R" model? It only works on the 2032R and 2038R in the 2 series.

Dave

·
Registered
203 Posts
Really? I’ve done some dumb things in my past. But I’m not stupid guys.

As I said in my original post, ignition was on and everything was plugged in properly.
The problem might be on the phone side. I have a few bluetooth devices that require me to go into my phone and manually connect every time I want to use them.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Which brings up the question as to how old your phones are. They may be old enough to have an older version of blue tooth. My phone is the latest version and it works ok.

Dave

·
Registered
455 Posts
I may have to get one of these, I think the fuel temp could really help with those of us that have had problems with fuel gelling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes sorry. 2032R

I have an iPhone 8plus. The wife just got an 11. And last night my phone updated to iOS 14.2. So I’ll try again today with my phone and hers. I’ve never had a problem pairing with anything. I work for a car dealer group and regularly pair with 2020 and 2021 vehicles.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Not sure the blue tooth gets updated when the OS gets updated. Have you had someone else try to connect to your tractor? I have the latest Samsung Note 20 and it works fine. Have you already installed the Tractor Plus app. It may not work without first installing the app.

Dave

·
Registered
568 Posts
Maybe someone needs to develop an app to see why the app doesn't work. If so, maybe it could determine why my bluetooth mouse doesn't work with Winblow$ 10 (where I could really use it of course) whilst it works fine with Windows 7 and Ubuntu. Sorry for the derail.

derailed.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dave appreciate the idea.s. However as my original post says, I tried with the wife’s previous android. I do have the app installed. However the phone has to be able to see and connect to a Bluetooth device first before any app can use that connection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update
So yesterday I tried again. iPhone 8plus, iPhone 11, new update pro. None of which can see a Bluetooth connection.
I downloaded a Bluetooth signal detection app. With that app, I can see the Bluetooth signal. Took a screen shot and will try to attach.
tried my brand new Dell laptop from work. On there I can see the tractor Bluetooth and I can connect to it. But of course that’s basically useless.
I spoke to a buddy at work who is the head of out IT. We’re thinking it could be that JD has used a much older version of BT when they built these devices. Some really old versions are no longer supported by Apple due to security concerns.
So my question to everyone is this - Has anyone successfully paired with the JD Smart Connector using an iPhone? If yes, can you please let me know which iPhone you have and what iOS it’s running?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Update
So yesterday I tried again. iPhone 8plus, iPhone 11, new update pro. None of which can see a Bluetooth connection.
I downloaded a Bluetooth signal detection app. With that app, I can see the Bluetooth signal. Took a screen shot and will try to attach.
tried my brand new Dell laptop from work. On there I can see the tractor Bluetooth and I can connect to it. But of course that’s basically useless.
I spoke to a buddy at work who is the head of out IT. We’re thinking it could be that JD has used a much older version of BT when they built these devices. Some really old versions are no longer supported by Apple due to security concerns.
So my question to everyone is this - Has anyone successfully paired with the JD Smart Connector using an iPhone? If yes, can you please let me know which iPhone you have and what iOS it’s running?
Thanks

View attachment 763104
Yes, it works with iPhone.

You might need to go to the tractor plus app, and add it from there. Press the plus sign in the top right corner.

No, it does not use some ancient Bluetooth.

Tim

21 - 40 of 44 Posts