·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Now that is a real novelty!!!
I have one of these novelties in my garage. But of course to use this, you need SiriusXM, a streaming account and wifi in your garage! :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
WOW !!! What'll they think of next???? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
And I just got the top Milwaukee radio for my garage. I can't imagine speakers in my lights. Do you have to have lights on to listen. Seems like more useless technology.

·
Administrator
20,664 Posts
WOW !!! What'll they think of next???? :dunno:
I saw a toolbox with a stereo AND and a mini fridge built in it at Home Depot or Lowes some weeks ago. I just shook my head.....

·
Registered
3,920 Posts

·
Registered
4,565 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have one of those as well, it's fantastic for the garage (and the golf course) :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,296 Posts
I saw a toolbox with a stereo AND and a mini fridge built in it at Home Depot or Lowes some weeks ago. I just shook my head.....
Yup I can see it now, here boy, grab a beer and a die grinder, what's the worst that can happen:lolol::banghead:

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
I just use a Amazon DOT I got on sale last year for $30...That way I keep my hands clean when I change the music or news or turn on lights. The garage is so noisy quality doesn't matter that much.

3 more inside including an Echo...Indispensable for my wife who is in a wheelchair and needs to know the day,date,calendar events, or listen to her tunes.:cheers:

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have one of those as well. Great battery life, and I don't sweat it if it gets a little wet from rain, or perhaps a spilled beer.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
I have one of those as well, it's fantastic for the garage (and the golf course) :bigthumb:
Oh yes, I forgot. It has a rechargeable battery so you can take when you're on the patio or playing golf.

Marlin :cowboy:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I haven't gone bluetooth but I have an AR portable wireless speaker i use in the shop that I cable my ipod too.

I bought two of them to use the base station and wireless feature when we do a haunted trail at Halloween. I hang the speakers from a couple trees along the trail and use the ipod connected to the base station playing spooky sounds on a loop for background effect. Of all the halloween sounds on the ipod, I think one of the creepiest sounds to hear in the pitch dark woods is the humpback whale recording! :lol:

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is a step in getting wireless through lighting. The potential is beyond huge. Wi-fi is transmitted through radio waves while li-fi is transmitted through visible light waves. It doesn't interfere with other radio frequencies. And given that we are at near capacity with wi-if, this opens up a whole new spectrum. The waves don't penetrate walls but reflect and it makes the source more secure. It's faster and there is massive space available with this versus wi-fi.

IoT is driving this.

·
Registered
80 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts