Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,050 Posts
What part do you think is bent? Did you take the belt off or did it come off?
On belt driven equipment the “shear pin” is the belt, it will slip easily if something stops the blades.
How many hours are on your machine? It looks super clean!
I was wondering the same thing......It appears the idler pulley bracket might be bent, but I don't know that machine well enough to know what its supposed to look like. The pulleys do appear to be at "unusual angles", to say the least.

If stopping the blades damaged the idler pulley with "Blunt Force Trauma", then there are other concerns.

If the idler pulley bracket is bent as a result of the blades stopping violently, well....................

Generally, the spindles will either bend or even break. No question, such an impact directly to the blade is likely to have seriously wounded the spindle bearings, at a minimum.

Really, until the deck is removed, the blades and underside of the deck inspected, everything else is purely speculation. Since the spindle bears the shock directly, that is where I would start.

· Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,050 Posts
Look at the odd belt configurations on most of the MCS deck mounted blowers, belts twisted, crossed over and the system also has the unusual loads on the belt and pulleys of lifting, compacting and throwing the material using the impeller inside the housing.

At least with the mower deck, the grass is a straight forward cut. But when the deck mounted material collection blowers are spinning, they are physically moving the grass, leaves and other debris inside of the compact housing and through the tube into the collection system.

If the housing or tube plugs, or should I say "When the housing or tube plugs", the loads skyrocket on the MCS drive belt, yet on my 455, I have only replaced two belts in 25 years. The belts usually wear from slipping more than anything else, and that happens when the chute is plugged or the bin is full and there is no room for more material...One belt was so worn, I would push the deck blower out from the end of the deck chute with my boot when in heavy material to keep the belt from slipping, yet it kept on accumulating the blowing debris into the cart................for seasons......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.