21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Follow-up Post (Post-Repair)

Diagnosis
  • Bent Blade
  • Bent deck housing at the spindle mount bolt holes.
  • Spindle & pulley system A-OK

Thanks to the good folks @ the JD Dealer I bought the tractor from (Bud Herbert Motors ~ Cincy) I'm back up and cutting grass...and yes I'll be taking an ax to that exposed tree root that created all of this fun.

Here are some photos requested by Arnoha with the belt back on...FYI my deck height is set @ 3.5" in these photos with the deck in the down (ready to cut) position.

Thanks for everyone's comments and interest.

Hood Motor vehicle Auto part Nickel Metal
Hood Light Vehicle Motor vehicle Sink
Hood Automotive tire Tread Tire Yellow
Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
2014 1025R
83 Posts
Follow-up Post (Post-Repair)

Diagnosis
  • Bent Blade
  • Bent deck housing at the spindle mount bolt holes.
  • Spindle & pulley system A-OK

Thanks to the good folks @ the JD Dealer I bought the tractor from (Bud Herbert Motors ~ Cincy) I'm back up and cutting grass...and yes I'll be taking an ax to that exposed tree root that created all of this fun.

Here are some photos requested by Arnoha with the belt back on...FYI my deck height is set @ 3.5" in these photos with the deck in the down (ready to cut) position.

Thanks for everyone's comments and interest.

View attachment 804285 View attachment 804286 View attachment 804287 View attachment 804288
Thank you for those. Not sure it was a direct request, but the pics are definitely appreciated. The way the belt wraps around the canted pulleys is interesting. I also didn't realize at first that those two pulleys are significantly wider than the belt, giving room to find a home that minimizes rubbing. Still, the angle off that silver flat pulley looks pretty extreme, but it apparently works just fine.

For myself, I have (1) a 1025R with a MMM, which it mid-PTO driven, so the belt is flat, (2) despite 10 acres, no lawn to speak of. (The 1025R was bought used and the MMM came with.) So, this is all news to me.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts