Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into the Air-Ride Seat, BM24379. Those of you who've later upgraded as I'm thinking too, what are your unbiased thoughts of doing so?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have seen the Air-Ride Seats but never priced one . I have a X-758 and I guess I have a very flat smooth lawn and never thought I needed one . Why would anyone really need an Air-Ride Seat :greentractorride: I ask because I an interested in the WHY .

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Born with Scoliosis
Broke my back in 1990
Property laden with mole tunnels and trenches comparable to Vietnam

Anything that helps reduce jolting side-shear above my hips, helps me immensely.
My last mower was a Craftsman GT3000. 20 years on that. A mini-bike compared to what I have currently. Every little bit helps the ride.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have one on my X754 which is my main mowing machine. I got it for the lumbar support and being able to adjust the angle of the back. One thing I did notice is I seem to sit higher than with a standard seat. They are not cheap but with about 4.5 hours to cut everything once around, I'm happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It might be cheaper/easier to fit in a "puffer" seat suspension: https://ztrpuffer.com/
Interesting. I don't see JD listed, and they mention the OEM seat does not work. Good on ya, Kenny, thanks.
I'll get in touch with them and find out the jist of it. If I can't use my seat, I may as well go with the Deere Air Ride.
The Puffer looks to be more inline with units found in semi-trucks, so it could be the route to go.
Barring having to buy another seat, that defeats the savings I would think.

At any rate, I'm not going to get in a hurry to pull out my wallet. I'm hoping for a bit more input on the BM24379 :unknown:

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts